We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqaba or Dead Sea?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
100 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Aqaba or Dead Sea?

I will be heading off on a tour in November and there is one day in Aqaba however there is an option to go to the Dead Sea. Which option should I choose?

Jordan Horizons Tours - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours
Jordan Echo Tours - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Other Outdoor Activities, Hiking & Camping Tours, Eco Tours, Day Trips
Wonders Travel and Tourism
Hiking & Camping Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Amjad Issa Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Bus Transportation
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
774 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqaba or Dead Sea?

If you only have one day i would suggest you stay in Aqaba and enjoy your time there. The trip to the Dead sea would take at least 3 Hours from Aqaba, unless you wish to leave at the crack of dawn, have lunch at the dead sea and return to Aqaba after lunch.

Enjoy Jordan

Worcester England
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqaba or Dead Sea?

Hi Karen - Aqaba is a beach resort with diving snorkelling and sunbathing - there is not much to the town - few trinket shops and a couple of restaurants - Dead Sea trip would be interesting - it is 3 hours north - but its worth it to see the dead sea and if scenery is your thing the trip is amazing with the landscape changing every 30 minutes - from desert to mountains to shanty style towns . The Dead Sea is best viewed from one of the nice hotel beaches - movenpick is my favourite - where you can enjoy a lunch and sometime in the spa - and walk down from there onto the Dead Sea beach. Public beaches may not meet your expectations. Hope this is helpful and I have spent a lot of time in Jordan so happy to help if you need any further advice.

3. Re: Aqaba or Dead Sea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba