We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a year in bulawayo

Aberystwyth, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
a year in bulawayo

My son a student is going to be in Bulawayo for a year. Can anyone give advice, experience etc about what to expect thanks.

East sussex
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a year in bulawayo

Bulawayo is a laid back City. The education is good.

There are no drugs....etc and crime rate is not much as the people of Bulawayo are well cultured sorry to say more of them are not rich and a few middle class people. There are not a lot of white folks any more but they are there.

I think if your son is a humble lad he will have a jolly good year in Zimbabwe. They use US dollars in Zimbabwe and they is money gram incase you want to send him money.

Where exactly is your son staying?

Aberystwyth, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a year in bulawayo

HI thanks he is working as a exploration geologist in a small gold mine which as been approved of my his University in the UK. Thanks

Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a year in bulawayo

He will be fine, it's a "normal" town. Just beware though ... he may not want to leave !

4. Re: a year in bulawayo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 29, 2016