We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant Camp or Islands of Siankaba?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Elephant Camp or Islands of Siankaba?

I will be traveling to Vic Falls during my honeymoon next May. We will start our trip in Capetown (4 nights), then spend 2 nights in Wine Country and then 4 nights on a Sabi Sands Safari. Our last stop is to Vic Falls (3 nights), and I am torn between staying at Islands of Siankaba or staying at Elephant Camp. Has anyone had the opportunity to visit both places? I understand that one is on the Zambian side and the other is on the Zumbabwe side. Are there pros/cons to which side to stay on?

At this point in our trip, we will be ready for some relaxation, but we also want to make sure to see the falls, take in a river cruise and hopefully visit the nearby towns and villages.

They both seem lovely, so I any help or advice that you can provide to help make this decision would be appreciated

*Sorry for the double post, I also posted this to the Zimbabwe forum as well, since i am considering one camp on each side of the falls.

Lower Zambezi...
Level Contributor
27 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephant Camp or Islands of Siankaba?

I loved my stay at Islands of Siankaba last year (see my review), but you need to be aware that in order to visit the falls from there, you're looking at up to 1 hour's road transfer, as the lodge is quite a way upstream from the falls.

In terms of relaxation and getting away from it all, you couldn't pick a better spot than Siankaba, but it's not in the ideal location to also do activities at Vic Falls.

I haven't stayed at Elephant Camp, so can't comment on the comparison

2. Re: Elephant Camp or Islands of Siankaba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 14, 2013