We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Devil's Pool in August

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Devil's Pool in August

We will be staying in Livingstone during August this year (at the Maramba River Lodge) and would like to make the most of our 3 nights there.

Is it possible to visit Livingstone Island and Devil's Pool at this time?

Will water levels/conditions be OK for a short canoe trip? Or would we be better doing a cruise?

How would you advise us to view the Falls? We would like to view them from as many places/angles as possible.

Thanks for any input.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Devil's Pool in August

reservations@tongabezi.com

Tongabezi Lodge owns the rights to Livingstone Island, and they operate the island trips, so they should be able to tell you what's available and when. I've done the island lunch trip and it was fantastic, as was the helicopter.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Devil's Pool in August

I didn't know Tongabezi Lodge ran it, so thanks for the link.

I really fancy doing the trip, especially the swim to the edge of the falls bit. We're staying overnight in Livingstone before we do a 2 week safari so my plan is to book then.

Hopefully the water won't be TOO cold!

Geraldton
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Devil's Pool in August

Hi

I have reviewed Devil's Pool elsewhere on this site but in summary: Genrally the swim is in Sept/October when water level is lower.; if like me you are not a strong swimmer it is a bit scary as you are swimming against the current for a while; we went for the "brunch" and the whole experience was brilliant. My husband and 2 of the kidfs did the Devils' Pool swim but found it scary- and my husband is a good swimmer.

Hope it helps

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Devil's Pool in August

Sadly we were unable to do the Devil's Pool swim or the Boiling Pot trail to picnic under the falls as the water levels were too still too high in the middle of August this year.

We did do a microlight flight (scary but fantastic) and walk the BP trail though, and enjoyed the falls from 2 different perpectives. The Devil's Pool swim is therefore still on my list of "to do" activities!

5. Re: Devil's Pool in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, October 04, 2012