We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there an ATM in Livingstone airport?

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,562 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Is there an ATM in Livingstone airport?

Not much to add to the title really. We'll be arriving armed with a range of cards - Visa, Mastercard, Cirrus, Maestro and so on. Might we be able to use them?

Will there be queues? Is there a low limit on withdrawls (I'm think of the £40/$80 limit that prevailed in The Gambia a few years ago)?

Chicago
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there an ATM in Livingstone airport?

I did not see one at the airport when I was there last month but not certain. however there was one in Livongstone (Barclays) a year ago or so. Also at the Royal Livingstone hotel.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,562 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there an ATM in Livingstone airport?

Thanks, spiderdan

We're near the Royal Livingstone so I'm sure we'll manage.

Chris

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there an ATM in Livingstone airport?

Hi Chris,

I didn't see one at the airport, but there a good number of them in town -- but note that they will only take debit cards with a 'Visa' symbol (not MasterCard). To use a MasterCard-symbol debit card you'll need to go into a bank during business hours (be prepared to queue).

US dollars are also welcome (and unlike Kwacha can be spent in other countries). My sterling got some funny looks though.

Cheers,

Julian

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,562 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there an ATM in Livingstone airport?

Thanks Julian

There was definitely no ATM at the airport. There did seem to be a bank of sorts but the door said 'closed' even though there were people inside. The Zambezi Sun has an ATM (Barclays, I think) that allowed us to take a decent amount of cash out. We despised the way that the hotel insisted on giving us our change in US$, though, which we are unlikely to find a use for in the immediate future and which seem to be worth less every day. We gave them away before returning to SA and kept a few Kwacha as souvenirs.

West Australia
Level Contributor
486 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there an ATM in Livingstone airport?

Dear Pandachris,

When next inclined to give away US dollars, kindly contact me first so that I can send you my postal address for delivery of same.

Regards

nkalamo

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,562 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there an ATM in Livingstone airport?

Lol

We've got about three left, so they'll do as souvenirs.

We have no intention of visiting the US in the near future, so they're pretty much worthless to us - not in any way anti-American but US is not on our global wish list at the moment. We used most of our USDs as tips We didn't have many because we tried to spend money outside the hotel when possible. We probably gave a few tips that were barely merited but the alternative would have been sending them to you - and we hadn't even met at the time ;)

7. Re: Is there an ATM in Livingstone airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 12, 2009