We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where would you eat?

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Where would you eat?

I am first time to Vietnam in 2 weeks - have been to India, Thailand and Malaysia before - love Asia, love spice, love seafood and quite frankly, generally love food, eating most things!

Staying at Grace resort. I have searched and found many recommendations for restaurants.

I see many regular contributors here and you have differing views - I have my list of those that get good reviews and have about 8 recommendations so far

Please tell me your "must not miss" places to eat whilst I am there - holidays are too previous to risk eating rubbish!!

Thanks, Wendy

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where would you eat?

Don't miss the Goat restaurant Lau De 385 , located approx 2 km north of Grace resort next to the church , they serve fresh goat BBQ , goat hot pot , steamed goat .

In the area of Grace are different sea food restaurants , serving lobster , crab , sharks and crocodile .

Not authentic Vietnamese sea food but tailor made sea food for the Russian tourist .

In Phan thiet will you find many sea food restaurants around the harbor , not a touristic area but they serve great sea food.

Enjoy your stay

Regards .

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where would you eat?

Wendy,

The Lau De restaurants are certainly authentic and offer a very Vietnamese experience. There are a number of them, 385 being the most popular but I eat at Tam Loc more often as it is less crowded. They are east of Grace, not north of Grace.

On my list of don't miss restaurants would be the following: Ganesh, the very best Indian restaurant I have ever been to and located about 5 kilometers west of Grace. Santimatti is the best Italian restaurant on the strip although Oliver's near Grace has very good homemade pasta. Joe has a new chef and his food has improved greatly, plus with the live music nightly Joe's is a good place to chill and relax. La Boqueria, about a kilometer west of Grace and above the Bo Ke area has a nice ambiance and a good eclectic selection of Spanish and European dishes. Next to La Boqueria is the brand new Mui Ne Xua restaurant for some good fresh seafood in a CLEAN environment and it also offers a free salad bar with your order with good Mui Ne pancakes. To me, the best overall Vietnamese food is Longson Restaurant up at Suoi Nuoc Beach in Mui Ne ward. Take the public bus from Grace. Another brand new restaurant with perfectly cooked steaks is La Marmite, just this side of the Lau De restaurants (Most Vietnamese restaurants don't know how to cook steak and usually overcook it). For French, you could try Chasseur Blanc (Country French - try his Ostrich steak) across from Shades, or Les Jardin de Thes just a couple hundred meters east of Grace. Sandals in the Mia Resort is also many people's favorite Continental cuisine.

Steer clear of the Bo Ke restaurants as they are very dirty, are bad for the environment (They dump their waste into the ocean and have no toilet facilities with plumbing). Plus they are infamous for providing their patrons with a healthy dose of gastroenteritis.

That should take care of a few of your evenings.

Edited: 11:12 pm, January 11, 2014
Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where would you eat?

Thanks to you both for the advice (just hope they are all open given that it is Tet!)

Wendy

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where would you eat?

Don't worry, TET for Mui Ne means business.

Everyplace will be open and full of people....it's the only week of the year with more saigon people than russians...

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where would you eat?

Actually, Maurizio, Binh Thuan tourism statistics show that Vietnamese tourists outnumber Russians. In the summer months, the place is packed with Vietnamese. A good number of them come on company trips from Saigon and Dong Nai province. It's just that they are not as obvious as the Russian guests as they don't walk the streets, but usually travel as a group on buses.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where would you eat?

In summer will make sense, russians and the few europeans are back home....

We like to skip our annoying winter season, so expensive to heat the house ^^__^^

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
6 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where would you eat?

Ganesh for outstanding Indian

Nam tho for good value local food

Cay bang for the best seafood and sunset

Sandals excellent if you got money burning in your pocket

Sindbad charming and good value if you want something easy,

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where would you eat?

Thanks Elin

Some on there that are not yet on my list - have 18 & there are 2 you have mentioned that takes to 20

Feeling fatter already!

9. Re: Where would you eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Phan Thiet