We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue ocean resort where to eat. Mui ne? Or phan tiet

A B
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
61 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Blue ocean resort where to eat. Mui ne? Or phan tiet

We are staying in THE blue ocean resort in THE summer of 2013. Where can we best go eat? Reading THE Posts on THE forum it Seams THE area around THE ressort is mainly Russian orrientated. Do we best go to mui ne town centre? Or phan thiet. And how can we best get there? I am thinking a taxi since we have à Seven year old with us.

Sorry for THE typos. Autocorrect on THE ipad is handy but not when your not typing in your own langues

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue ocean resort where to eat. Mui ne? Or phan tiet

There are many nice local restaurants around your resorts so you don't need to go to Phan Thiet town as that will be 18km away.

Cheers

Nhung

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue ocean resort where to eat. Mui ne? Or phan tiet

AB,

Your resort is near the center of Ham Tien, but just at the end of the area that is called "Little Moscow" or "The Russian Village". Everything east of you is much more international. Although west of your resort is mostly Russian, there are good restaurants in either direction and lots of choices within easy walking distance of the Blue Ocean.

There are many more restaurant choices offering various cuisines near your resort than in either Phan Thiet city center, which is about 14 Kilometers east of the Blue Ocean, or in Mui Ne, which is about 8 kilometers west of the Blue Ocean. However, if you wish to go in either direction, you can catch a public bus right in front of your resort. The buses come by about every fifteen minutes from 06:00 to 21:00.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
192 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue ocean resort where to eat. Mui ne? Or phan tiet

Yep, Mui Ne center (Nguyen DInh Chieu st) is also the center of resorts and restaurants. Don't worry where to eat.

Enjoy your trip!

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,617 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue ocean resort where to eat. Mui ne? Or phan tiet

First off a geography lesson. Phan Thiet is the principle city, Mui Ne is a ward of Phan Thiet, some 13 kms away. Ham Tien is another ward of Phan Thiet and is where most of the Resorts (including Blue Ocean) are along Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street. As Steve pointed out the western end of the strip caters for package deal eastern european tourists, whilst the eastern end on the way to Mui Ne is the destination of the younger travellers from all over the globe and has many many restaurants within walking distance along with bars etc like Joes for a cool after dinner drink.

As to food that depends on what you like so here's a brief of what I like in Ham Tien.

For great seafood in possibly the strangest surroundings are the Bo Khe Restaurants along the seawall at the eastern end of Ham Tien a few kms from Blue Ocean, walkable. These places are owned by fishing families and serve up the days catch each evening. Best BBQ squid.

If you fancy a Euro dining experience then Coco Beach is worth a look, as is Pandanus Dining room some 8 kms further east.

I was surprised by the vegetarian options at Suoi Tien Resort a few doors from Blue Ocean.

The lowest cost and good value place would have to go to Lam Tong also near Blue Ocean.

Hope this helps.

Ross

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,735 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue ocean resort where to eat. Mui ne? Or phan tiet

Many restaurants around the hotel - no need to go to Phan Thiet. If you make a left out of the hotel - few places down is a very cheap seafood restaurant. (pretty tasty I might add - cant recall the name but our guide recommended it)

Edited: 6:17 am, December 12, 2012
A B
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
61 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue ocean resort where to eat. Mui ne? Or phan tiet

thanks a lot for these comments. They are really helpful. Glad to know that there are nice local restaurants around our resort.

A B
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
61 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue ocean resort where to eat. Mui ne? Or phan tiet

Bowen Arrow. The Bo Khe restaurant sounds interesting. I've seen it come by on this forum before. Can you give me more specific directions to it? I really like to go. As said we are staying in the Blue ocean resort.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,617 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue ocean resort where to eat. Mui ne? Or phan tiet

AB when you come out of the Blue Ocean turn right and keep walking until you reach a row of shanty like open air restaurants along the sea wall. Its about a km walk. The one I like is called Bien Chieu but I dont recall there being a sign. It is the first one you will come across and is recognised by the curved sheet of corrugated iron down the back that serves as a toilet !

Hope they are still there when you come as the local authorities have been trying to close them down.

Cheers Ross

Edited: 5:54 pm, December 12, 2012
9. Re: Blue ocean resort where to eat. Mui ne? Or phan tiet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, December 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Phan Thiet