We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach in Meine and weather in Ham Tien Ward

Which Phan Thiet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
shanghai
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach in Meine and weather in Ham Tien Ward

Hi Steve and all the experts,

I was wondering which part of Mei Ne has the best sandy beach near which resort. And what is the weather like around this time?

Many thank

Bill

Hanoi
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach in Meine and weather in Ham Tien Ward

It's better to change your subject to Mui Ne, billydog5, since Mei Ne is not really a Vietnamese word.

The weather is great at this time, until probably around September when it starts to rain quite a bit. I don't really have a preferred beach and must say that Mui Ne beach is not as great as Nha Trang one (unless there are superb one which I do not know about). I would recommend you to go with smaller resort/hotel from 3 stars or so. Last time my family of 5 went to one and have the pool to ourselves.

If you have more budget to spare, a few good names are: Princess D'Annam, L'Anmien and Sealinks.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach in Meine and weather in Ham Tien Ward

go here to see this resort front of Mui Ne beach

http://www.bonbienresort.com

or see more things in Mui Ne

http://www.muinebeach.net/

the weather now is good to travel

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach in Meine and weather in Ham Tien Ward

Mui Ne is a generic term for several wards of Phan Thiet the principal city. As such there are really only 3 areas,Phu Hai, Ham Tien and Mui Ne itself.

The largest area is Ham Tien and is where most of the Resorts are.

There is (like Nha Trang) only 2 beaches one on each side of the Mui Ne penninsula. At this time of the year the weather is mostly fine being in the SW monsoon season. There is always a good chance of a short thunderstorm in the afternoons which comes as a relief.

Recently erosion has occurred around the centre of the beach at Ham Tien but is now in recovery mode. The best spot is in front of Coco Beach Resort which is a good resort with an excellent dinng room. Rates there are around $120 for a bungalow.

You will find unlike Nha Trang that most of the resorts are actual beachfront and are very reasonbly priced like Hiep Hoa without pool is around $20 a night.

Suggest you have a look at Muinebeach.net as suggested as it gives a good overview.

Cheers Ross

shanghai
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach in Meine and weather in Ham Tien Ward

Thank you Rose. Can you or any of the experts tell me anything about indo China Dreams Resort

5. Re: Best beach in Meine and weather in Ham Tien Ward

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, July 14, 2013