We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

Any one know the quickest and way to get get from danang to Phan Thiet (Mui Ne in particular as thats where our hotel is)?

Is there a ferry that we can catch?

Thanks

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

Quickest would be to fly to Sai Gon and get a private car to Mui Ne. The train is a possibility or the bus,name your poison.

Drifter

www.vnfrom.blogspot.com

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

Thanks for the quick reply - do know:

1. A reputable and reasonable taxi firm that would take 2 us from HCMC Airport to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet)?

2. How much would it cost?

3 How long it would take by taxi?

4. Is there an express train? - Cost - Timetable - duration?

We land on a Wednesday at HCMC airport at 10am in December.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
832 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

abrim,

It's take 3.5hours from H.C.M to Muine. Meter taxi is rather expensive, you can go by open bus or train. There are daily buses from Hochiminh to Muine and you can book direct from local agent. See the time table of train here:

http://www.saigonrailway.com.vn/hd.htm

You will stop at Muong man station and take taxi to Muine.

David

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

I just did that trip in April but in reverse and it cost me 80K or about $4usd and it took afew hours. Trip was in a mini van. My hotel arranged it.

Drifter

www.vnfrom.blogspot.com

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,599 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

Hi Drifter. I'm interested in your comment that you travelled by minivan from Mui Ne to Da Nang. Who did you book that trip with and was it a special deal ? Seems very attractive way of going and is something I'm often asked about.

Cheers Ross

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

Bownarrow, my bad...I wasn't thinking as I said the quickest way was fly to Sai Gon then take a car....Da Nang to Phan Thiet would be much more than $4usd wouldn't it? I did do the public bus from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet and I was looking for a rope to hang myself by the end of the trip. He he he he! You know what they're like!

Drifter

www.vnfrom.blogspot.com

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

Abrim,

If the flight schedule works, it would be better to fly to Nha Trang and bus from there, than from Saigon. The traffic coming out of Saigon usually makes it a five hour trip, but from Nha Trang to Mui Ne is almost always 4-41/2 hours. Also, as Mui Ne would be the first stop in Phan Thiet, you wouldn't have to take a Saigon bus to Ham Tien, then find a way to get to your hotel in Mui Ne. All the Saigon buses stop at either an office or, in the case of Sinh Cafe, a resort. Phuong Trang will then take you into Mui Ne by car, Tam Hanh will take you through Mui Ne after stopping for lunch and Sinh Cafe will not take you at all, unless you are on their sleeper coach, which travels straight through Phan Thiet to Nha Trang or Saigon.

In other words, going directly to Mui Ne is easier coming from Nha Trang than Saigon. Again, it depends on the flight schedule into Nha Trang from Danang. The only drawback is that portions of the road are terrible.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

Hi Guys

You also may be able to help me- I am trying to figure out if there is a train running from Phan Thiet up to Danang- some links say there are, and some say there arent- do any of you have reliable information that this journey can be done on a train?

I appreciate any replies!

Alex

Edited: 2:48 am, October 19, 2010
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

Alex,

You have to take the train from Muong Man station, just outside of Phan Thiet.

Steve

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to Mui Ne (Phan Thiet) from Danang?

oh brilliant, thanks for confirming that for me- don't suppose you know if it stops in at Hoi An along the way, do you?

Thanks!