We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Mui Ne from Nha Trang

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Mui Ne from Nha Trang

We are travelling down the east coast from Hoi An to Mui Ne. I've allowed a whole day for the trip and we have accommodation already booked in Mui Ne. I'm having scheduling problems with the Open Bus and so I've opted for a flight from DaNang to Nah Trang (arr about 10:45 am) but have not been able to track down any suitable transport for the 4-5 hr road trip to Mui Ne. The Open Buses seem to leave Nah Trang early in the morning (before our flight arrives) or not till 8.00 pm. Can anyone offer any advice?

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Nha Trang

viet 1,

You are right. It was a communication problem. Because I called the company in Mui Ne, they thought I meant coming from Mui Ne and going to Nha Trang, even though I said the reverse. They obviously didn't understand my English and I didn't speak Vietnamese to them.

Evidently Tam Hanh and Phuong Trang only have buses from Mui Ne to Nha Trang in the afternoon and none from Nha Trang to Mui Ne. The local buses, however, stop everywhere, are dirtier and take much longer. It would be better for Shoalplan to stay in Nha Trang for the afternoon and take the evening bus to Mui Ne than to take a local bus.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Nha Trang

Hi Steve,I thought so.Anyway ended up having a laugh with my travel agent over it.Lets hope they make it to Mui ne.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Nha Trang

I hope so too! Maybe the late bus in the evening is the only option then. Or stay over in Nah Trang and catch the early bus the next morning forfeiting a paid night's accommodation. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Cheers

M~

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Nha Trang

Take the train then.You would be able to have a nice lunch here in Nha Trang or a quick cham tower visit and still catch the early afternoon train,

London
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Nha Trang

Hi

I am doing the exact same journey on the 16th October and am also having problems getting to Mui Ne.

I read somewhere that you could get someone to take you in a car - might be worth a try is there's a few of you. perhaps someone could advise on how much that would be?

let me know how you get on

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Nha Trang

Hi Alison

viet 1 is right. The best way is by train. I spent some time searching last night and finally came across the following website with a timetable and you can book on line!!! There are trains that get into Muong Man about 4 pm. Muong Man is about an hour's bus ride so we would get into Mui Ne in the late afternoon. This is a much better option than catching the Open Bus from Nha Trang at 8 pm and arriving in Mui Ne at 2.00 am . I'm sure the train ride will be more relaxing too.

www.vietnamrailways.net/14/Tickets.aspx Muong Man

Regards

Maggie

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Nha Trang

Shoalplan,

The only problem with the train from Nha Trang is that it stops at Muong Man station, which is a 30 minute ride from Ham Tien and 45 minutes from Mui Ne.

Another option might be Sinh Cafe, which has an evening bus with sleepers, leaving at around 8PM and arriving Mui Ne around midnight. It would drop you right at your Mui Ne resort. (If you are in a resort on the western side of Ham Tien, rather than Mui Ne or at the eastern end of Ham Tien, then you might have to take a short taxi ride from the Sinh Cafe office, which is close to the center of Ham Tien)

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,558 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Nha Trang

Just have a querie over the website Vietnam Railways. It looks like an official rail site except that it is a private travel company. I dont have a problem with that but the fares for Mui Ne are not quoted and I'm wondering whether you have pay the Saigon fare which is $22 for basic seating. You then have to pay for the connection from Muong Man station to Mui Ne. Timing appears OK but when you consider the coach fare of $6 as the alternative, arrival at midnight may not be much of a chore, particularly as they would probably drop you at your destination Resort..

Cheers Ross

19. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Nha Trang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 23, 2011