We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phan thiet city

Which Phan Thiet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burnie, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
phan thiet city

has anyone experience in staying at a local hotel in the town of phan thiet. I know they are all fairly basic but I am looking for a way to stay in the actual town.

all help appreciated

thanks

trisha

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phan thiet city

Trisha, it's very easy, look on some Viet Nam hotel sites. See what is in your price range. Go to Phan Thiet and walk in the hotel. If you go by train just get the address so you can get a taxi or moto. I have never had any luck emailing hotels but you can try.

Drifter

www.vnfrom.blogspot.com

HCM
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: phan thiet city

HI ,

THere are few local hotels in the town of PHan THiet ( not MUI NE ) ...there are not far from The HIGHWAY 1 , and turn right on way to MUI NE .Some Vietnamese Tourists stayed there on the weekend ..!

Hope can help you ,

Uyen THy

Charms Of Indochina Travel

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: phan thiet city

Trisha,

The nicest hotel in the city of Phan Thiet itself is the Novotel. The second nicest is the Palms. All the others are one and two star properties. There are a few relatively nice local hotels just across the street from the beach near both the Novotel and Palms, they are the Binh Minh and the Doe Duong, very popular with locals for weddings. Along Trang Hung Dao, the main street, are two other clean local hotels; the Phu Hung and the Lam Khieu.

Remember, almost all hotels and resorts in what many tourists call Mui Ne are all officially in Phan Thiet; either in Phu Hai, Ham Tien, or Mui Ne wards. However, from your email, it sounds like you want to stay in the city itself.

If you know exactly where you want to stay, I can give you a better recommendation.

Steve

Burnie, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phan thiet city

hi steve, thanks so much for your reply.

we have been visiting Phan Thiet for 7 years now staying at Victoria for 2 visits Novotel for4 and Phu Hai for 1 (we've only just got home). All are excellent. Novotel closed their Villas and we weren't interested in staying in main building. However we have a local Vietnamese friend and he has shown us so much that we are thinking about getting out of the tourist area and stay more with the ordinary people. Does that sound crazy? We just love Phan Thiet and wondered if those funny skinny type hotels we see are ok. Main things for us would be noise at night and airconditioning. So would love to hear your opinion.

very kind regards

trisha

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: phan thiet city

Trisha,

Most of the "skinny type hotels" you mentioned are just guest houses, not really full service hotels. Some are nice and clean and others are not.

Phan Thiet is a fairly large city (Population 200,000) so if you'll tell me exactly where in the city you would like to stay, I will tell you the best choice in that area. If you're not quite sure where exactly to stay, my suggestion would be near Co-Op Mart and a public bus stop so that you can get around easier, or alternatively near your local Vietnamese friend's house. Do you have the address of his house?

Steve

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: phan thiet city

Trisha,

Since you want to be where the locals are, have you thought about staying in Mui Ne rather than Phan Thiet, as you have already stayed there at the Novotel.

The other two resorts in which you stayed are located in Phu Hai. The tourist area is called Ham Tien, although most tourists think that it is Mui Ne.The town of Mui Ne which is located past the tourist area of Ham Tien has about 10,000 residents and is a very interesting fishing town.

I cannot attach anything to this message, but if you send a personal email to me at sdraymond@hotmail.com I will reply with an accurate map of the area so that you can see what I'm talking about.

Steve

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: phan thiet city

Trisha,

Since you want to be where the locals are, have you thought about staying in Mui Ne rather than Phan Thiet, as you have already stayed there at the Novotel.

The other two resorts in which you stayed are located in Phu Hai. The tourist area is called Ham Tien, although most tourists think that it is Mui Ne.The town of Mui Ne which is located past the tourist area of Ham Tien has about 10,000 residents and is a very interesting fishing town.

I cannot attach anything to this message, but if you send a personal email to me at sdraymond@hotmail.com I will reply with an accurate map of the area so that you can see what I'm talking about.

Steve

Burnie, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: phan thiet city

Hi again steve

thanks for this information. I will contact you direct as I don't want to take up all the room here on this forum!

Best wishes

trisha

9. Re: phan thiet city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, May 29, 2010