We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Best kitesurfing school Mui Ne beach, Vietnam

London
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Best kitesurfing school Mui Ne beach, Vietnam

I'm a complete beginner to kitesufing and will be learning with my girlfriend in Vietnam on Mui Ne beach. There are a few schools there that i'm aware of - Windchimes, jibes beach and C2Sky.

Thought that Windchimes looked best value for money.

Anyone got any advice / experience?

Cheers

Ben

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Best kitesurfing school Mui Ne beach, Vietnam

Ben,

Jibes is the original kitesurf shop and has the best reputation on the beach. It is run by Pascale, a French national, who has been kitesurfing in Phan Thiet since the mid 90's.

Windchimes is also good. It is operated by Vietnamese nationals, but their English is excellent and they are used to working with and teaching kitesurfing to foreigners.

Steve

USA
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Best kitesurfing school Mui Ne beach, Vietnam

I would recommend wind chimes. In fact it is owned by an American/Vietnamese named Tran. There are mostly foreign coaches but some locals. They have the best set-up because they have the longest beach front. When you are learning you get drug down-wind and because they have beach boys at either end it makes the process much more enjoyable and efficient.

I have heard great things about jibes. They are geared up more for windsurfing. Their instructors seemed top notch but they had a small beach front. That was my first stop to check out because i heard good things about the coaching staff. Unfortunately, I ran into a witch of an australian woman who paraded herself around like the owner. She was incredibly rude to me as a potential customer--i really couldn't believe it. Needless to say i didn't patronize their establishment. But, perhaps it was just the woman and not the whole lot.

3. Re: Advice on Best kitesurfing school Mui Ne beach, Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, April 22, 2010
Edited: 5:05 pm, April 22, 2010
4. Re: Advice on Best kitesurfing school Mui Ne beach, Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 20, 2010