We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus ride from Nha Trang to Mui Ne

Vancouver, B.C...
13 posts
Save Topic
bus ride from Nha Trang to Mui Ne

Just wondering what the bus trip is like from Nha Trang to Mui Ne. Is it a nice bus ride, with nice scenery? We have travelled by bus in other parts of the world, and my husband won't want 4 hours of heat, crowds, or bad roads. If it is bad, we may bypass Mui Ne, and just stay in Nha Trang. Also, what is the bus ride from Mui Ne to HCMC like? We are flying from HCMC to Nha Trang, but there is no way of avoiding two bus trips if we plan on seeing Mui Ne.

HCMCITY
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bus ride from Nha Trang to Mui Ne

Dear antsypants,

If you want a bus ride service, please book with Sinh Cafe one day before your departure date

Please contact :

246 - 248 De Tham St., Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

Tel: (84-8) 836 7338 / Fax: (84-8) 836 9322,

Jason

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bus ride from Nha Trang to Mui Ne

Hi I am Jenny

I enjoyed the trip from Mui ne to Nha Trang. The countryside was lovely, little traffic and I actually got to see some rather good looking sheep. As it had been sometime since I have ben back to Az, this was a welcome sight!

But am not at all keen to do any longer trips on the bus. From HCMC to Mui Ne the roads are extremely busy and its best not to look ahead at the traffic.

Have a good trip

Regards

Jenny

Seattle,Washington...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus ride from Nha Trang to Mui Ne

We did the drive with car and driver from Saigon to Mui Ne to Nha Trang a couple years back. It was a wild drive of playing chicken with many pot holes in spots ect. Not for the faint of heart. Glad we did it but would not ever do it over. Saw 2 head on accidents. Kinda of a crazy drive with horn honking the whole way!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus ride from Nha Trang to Mui Ne

It's mostly a very nice ride with good scenery. The buses of Sinh Cafe are comfortable and usually have working AC. There is one bad stretch of road but it's not very long. The new highway into Nha Trang is beautiful and the scenery is great. Our bus made a quick stop below the Cham towers. I got some great pics of them. Scenery is very subjective but my eyes were mostly glued to the bus window because everything there is so different from everything here in the states.

Sydney
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bus ride from Nha Trang to Mui Ne

Slight hijack, but on the same topic.

We were also looking at going to Mui Ne and Nha Trang.

Mue Ni by bus or car from HCMC and then back again to fly to Nha Trang.

How long does the ride from Mui Ne to Nha Trang take? Would it be about the same time as returning to HCMC and then flying to Nha Trang?

Regards,

Shanan.

australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: bus ride from Nha Trang to Mui Ne

HI walkesh,

It cost about the same from Mui ne to Nha Trang in private car/driver as it does HCMC to Mui Ne (about US$80) or you could go by bus. Mad if you return to HCMC and then fly to Nha Trang. That would take 4 - 5 hours back to HCMC (US$80) and then US$40 per person for the 1 hour flight to Nha Trang, then another further 40 minutes by cab into Nha Trang at additional cost. The trip from Mui Ne to Nha Trang takes about 4 hours and is quite enjoyable. Much quieter roads than HCMC to Mui Ne. We stayed at the Sailing Club at Mui Ne owned and operated by an Aussie. Fantastic resort. Beach front bungalows are out of this world. Whereever you stay in Mui Ne they will organise your onward trip to Nha Trang whether it be by bus or private car.

7. Re: bus ride from Nha Trang to Mui Ne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Phan Thiet