We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/resort recommended in Phan Thiet (Miu Ne)?

Ghent, Belgium
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel/resort recommended in Phan Thiet (Miu Ne)?

Hello,

Me and my partner are looking to stay in Phan Thiet/Miu Ne 21th until 25th of december.

I have been researching many options but i can't decide on which hotel has best price/value.

We are looking for

- (private) beach and pool

- clean and comfortable rooms

- good foodquality

- close to outside restaurants

- we would like to avoid noisy, rude hotelguests/tourists

Our budget ranges from 100 - 150 USD / night for 2 (less is always a plus ofcourse :))

Any recommandations or tips would be very appreciated!

5 replies to this topic
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/resort recommended in Phan Thiet (Miu Ne)?

I have just written an article for citypass listing my favorite resorts in Mui Ne and Ham Tien, all of which have some rooms that are pretty much in your price range. Both on the street in front of the Pandanus Resort on Ganh Beach in Mui Ne ward and all of the resorts on Rang Beach in Ham Tien ward have plenty of restaurants across the street from and around them.

From Tien Thanh Commune to Mui Ne ward, the 58.4 kilometers of Phan Thiet coastline boast some of the finest small resorts in Vietnam. Unlike the Danang area, which has dozens of very large resorts along the beach between the city centre and Hoi An, and the beach and offshore islands of Nha Trang, most of the Phan Thiet resorts are small. That does not mean that they are less luxurious than their larger counterparts in other areas.

Mui Ne ward only has a couple dozen resorts, as the majority of the Phan Thiet hostelries are in Ham Tien ward. Of the top five Mui Ne resorts, four of them are located on Ganh Beach, across the cape from the town of Mui Ne.

The largest resort in all of Phan Thiet, with ten hectares of gardens and facilities is the Pandanus Resort. The resort is the only one in this region with a Club Med type all inclusive program, so there are many facilities and services offered to keep guests occupied, including two restaurants and bars, live music every night, a spa, a fitness centre, a tennis court, badminton, volleyball and a football field, plus a game room and outdoor playground for children.

At the south end of Ganh Beach is the Mui Ne Bay Resort. This resort, which opened in 2007, also encompasses a small island just offshore from the tip of the cape of Mui Ne. The grounds and gardens at Mui Ne Bay Resort are beautiful and well manicured. The rooms and suites are all very nicely appointed. The centre court restaurant is quite good, plus the beach restaurant and bar provide a more intimate dining environment as a ‘fine dining’ option. The hotel offers a number of beach activities, such as kayaking, parasailing and windsurfing.

The Sailing Bay Beach Resort is comprised of six four-storey buildings. The reception area is in the central building which also houses the main restaurant, meeting facilities spa and fitness centre. The additional four-storey buildings with most of the rooms and suites form a half circle around the small garden area and the large free-form swimming pool. There is also a tennis court and a second bar and restaurant on the beach side of the pool. Although not extensive, the gardens are well kept and the beach is cleaned daily by the landscape staff.

The Sandunes Beach Resort is the newest resort in Mui Ne ward. It opened in 2014 on a hill adjacent to the red sand dunes. The architecture is unique, with the main building and a number of bungalow style buildings constructed to look like they are kites ready to take flight. The main building is below the entrance and above the bungalows, which descend towards the pool and beach. The resort has two restaurants and a pool bar.

The Full Moon Village Resort is made up of three types of villas, which are the largest type of accommodations of any Mui Ne Resort. The individual two and three bedroom houses have kitchens, living room areas, gardens and Jacuzzis. The most popular resort on Suoi Nuoc Beach, the Full Moon Village has very good French influenced cuisine in their restaurant and bar, plus a great kite surf shop and school. Besides kitesurfing and windsurfing, the resort also offers stand up paddling, sailing and kayaking. Like Ganh Beach, Suoi Nuoc faces east, so during the kite surf season from October to April, the prevailing westerly winds come directly into the beach.

Ham Tien ward is where the majority of Phan Thiet’s resorts, hotels and guesthouses are located. They range from small properties that are very personal to medium-sized luxury resorts that have been given Vietnamese government ratings of four or five stars.

The largest Phan Thiet resorts are small as compared to many international properties or even some of the larger properties in Danang and Nha Trang, but many of them are still able to offer the same amenities as some of their larger counterparts in other areas.

My following choices are subjective and are influenced by my own tastes and predilections and may not be the best choices for others.

Coco Beach Resort was the very first resort to open on the beach in Ham Tien. Although it has been in operation since 1994, the buildings still look fresh because it closes for one month every year while the owners renovate all the accommodations.

The hotel grounds always seem to be peaceful, even though the hotel is located in the very centre of the Ham Tien tourist strip. The reason is that the grounds are separated from the busy street in front by a wall that extends along the entire width of the resort. The French restaurant has a very good French chef and Dany’s Pub is a popular sports bar to catch international sporting events. The beach is consistently beautiful, even during high tide. Although rustic and basic, all of the bungalows at Coco Beach are comfortable and eco-friendly.

Anantara Mui Ne Resort uses the name Mui Ne for marketing purposes. It is the only Ham Tien resort that has been awarded a five-star rating by the government, although by international standards, I think that it is really more of a four-star property.

The hotel is still one of the very best, well-managed resorts in Phan Thiet because it is operated by the highly respected Thailand-based luxury Anantara chain of hotels and resorts. Although the property is not huge, it offers a tremendous amount of amenities and services, including a beautiful swimming pool, watersport activities, a spa, a children’s club, meeting facilities, a fitness centre, a private wine cellar, a very good restaurant and a poolside bar.

Cham Villas is consistently rated the best resort hotel in Phan Thiet on TripAdvisor. Although quite small, its 18 villas that are spread throughout the one hectare property are gorgeous and luxurious.

The German Vietkieu owner takes personal care of each and every guest in such a way that everyone feels like he or she is visiting his family home. Even though the resort has only 18 bungalows, there are two restaurants serving guests. Ratinger Loewe, the restaurant in front of the resort is the best German restaurant in Phan Thiet. The garden restaurant serves a very good breakfast in the morning, as well as both Vietnamese and international cuisine throughout the day and fine dining in the evening.

Because the resort is not large, there are always plenty of sunbeds for guests and seldom does one have to wait for service at the spa.

The Blue Ocean Resort is also located in a very busy part of the Ham Tien tourist strip, and like Coco Beach, the interior areas of the resort seem peaceful. The reason is that the resort is set back from the street, so all the rooms and bungalows are far enough away from the street noise that guests are not bothered. The resort is well-managed and always has a nice beach. Because of the erosion in front of Jibes, Phan Thiet’s original kitesurf shop and school, the operation of the school has moved to the Blue Ocean where there is a wide sandy beach. The accommodations, gardens and public areas are kept up quite nicely and the resort offers a number of facilities and services, including a good restaurant, a swimming pool, a library, a spa with saunas and steam rooms, plus kitesurfing and windsurfing instruction and rentals.

Bamboo Village Beach Resort & Spa is the second oldest resort in Ham Tien and arguably the most popular. The grounds are beautiful and the accommodations are constantly being renovated, all the while keeping their environmentally friendly atmosphere by using lots of bamboo, earthen straw and thatched roofs in their construction.

Their spa is possibly the best in all of Phan Thiet, at least that is what most guests think. Their spa does better than any other hotel spa in the area. The grounds are beautiful and the hotel offers cooking classes, yoga, fitness training and kitesurfing.

Besides these resorts and hotels in Ham Tien, there are a number of others that are very good bargains and would be on my top ten list. Probably the best bargain is Mui Ne Hills. Even though the four small hotels that make up this resort are not on the ocean, the prices are very low and the views from some of the rooms and from the public areas are spectacular.

Grace Boutique Resort is one of the only small oceanfront resorts that is consistently in the top rankings on TripAdvisor. The owners are very personable, the rooftop restaurant that serves breakfast has stunning views of Rang Beach and the rooms are immaculate.

Another small but popular resort is Shades, which also has very good managers and the rooms are immaculate. Villa Aria is another resort in the centre of Ham Tien that is extremely popular. It is a relatively new resort that has a very trendy design.

Mia Resort was originally the Sailing Club. Although a small resort, the accommodations are luxurious and their restaurant is the most popular hotel restaurant on the strip.

Edited: 12:15 am, October 06, 2017
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,086 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/resort recommended in Phan Thiet (Miu Ne)?

I think you should take into account that all beaches in Vietnam are public and not private, by Govt decree, despite what some Resort owners will tell you.

The majority of Resorts fit all of your requirements with the exception of the larger places which are a contradiction in terms as far as privacy. If privacy is important then I would look at some of the smaller Resorts in Ham Tien.

Cheers Ross

Ghent, Belgium
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/resort recommended in Phan Thiet (Miu Ne)?

Thank you both very much for your usefull inputs!

If i'm understanding correctly Ham Tien is much more crowded then Miu Ne? Miu Ne has enough restaurants and things to do outside the hotels, so its a better place to be at if you're looking to be away from the big crowds without being completely depended on the hotels facilities?

We are considering Miu Ne Bay Resort, Blue Ocean Resort, Villa Aria or Bamboo Village.

Miu Ne Bay resort is the only one in Miu Ne i think, but when looking at google maps it seems isolated?

As for the other three hotels, i'm hesitant because of the crowds. I've read about the many Russians who tend to be loud and noisy (no harm intended, obviously not every Russian acts like this..) My preferences here are Blue Ocean and maybe Villa Aria (but i've read the beach isn't as nice here?)

Edited: 12:33 pm, October 06, 2017
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/resort recommended in Phan Thiet (Miu Ne)?

The resorts in Mui Ne with lots of restaurants right outside or near the resorts are Sandunes, Pandanus Resort, Nam Chau Boutique Resort, Malibu and Blue Shell. From the Mui Ne Bay to any outside restaurants would be about a 15 minute walk.

The beach at the Blue Ocean is usually good, but Villa Aria is on the edge of where the beach disappears in high tide.

Edited: 12:31 am, October 07, 2017
Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,868 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/resort recommended in Phan Thiet (Miu Ne)?

I took these two videos of Pandanus Resort last xmas 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlqfGUcYmjk

I will let them speak for themselves.

Reply to: Hotel/resort recommended in Phan Thiet (Miu Ne)?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted