We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling Saigon to Mui Ne - checking I am right!

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling Saigon to Mui Ne - checking I am right!

I have booked my trip for November but am now having doubts on my timings/arrangements.

I am getting a flight (Vietnam airlines) from Hanoi to Saigon to land at 10.10 am, then train at 12.05 (SE22) to arrive at 15.39 pm at Bin than. Then taxi to Mui Ne.

My flight was changed so worried that landing at 10.10 am with train at 12.05 is a bit tight. Can anyone help and tell me if this is enough time to get from airport (including getting bags) to train station?

Also how long is the taxi from Bin Thuan to Mui Ne? Should I get hotel to book it beforehand?

Thanks, any advice appreciated.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,868 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling Saigon to Mui Ne - checking I am right!

As you're meant to be at the train station 30mins before departure I don't think you're going to make it.

Taxis from the train won't be a problem but you will need a later train

Edited: 7:11 am, July 23, 2017
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling Saigon to Mui Ne - checking I am right!

Although it may be possible, especially since you don't have to go through customs, I concur with Pierre that you should plan on a later train. My suggestion would be to stay in Saigon for the night and then take the 06:50 train directly into Phan Thiet.

To answer your question, the taxi from Binh Thuan (Muong Man) Station will take around 45 minutes, or about 30 minutes if you're staying at a hotel in Phu Hai or the west end of Ham Tien.

Edited: 12:30 am, July 24, 2017
Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling Saigon to Mui Ne - checking I am right!

Thanks very much for your helpful responses. I am really glad I checked as at least now I can think of other options. I think I will get a car (and driver) from airport to mui ne and just take the train back. At least I won't miss a night in my hotel in mui ne. Thanks again.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,868 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling Saigon to Mui Ne - checking I am right!

I do not think that is a wise move at all. Travelling that route at night is inviting trouble. You would be much safer to stay the night in Saigon and catch the train at 6.50am direct to Phan Thiet.

A private car will take 5 to 6 hours and not all hotels will be open at that hour of the morning when you arrive at your final destination.

Warm regards and travel safe in Vietnam, Dirty Pierre.

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling Saigon to Mui Ne - checking I am right!

Thanks for the concern but we would be getting the car in the daytime as our flight lands in the morning.

6. Re: Travelling Saigon to Mui Ne - checking I am right!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 11, 2018