We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

Augsburg
Level Contributor
274 posts
206 reviews
Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

My wife and I will stay in May 15 till 20 at Hyatt. We want relax the most time at the beach/pool after 14 days thru Bangkok, Siem Reap, Phnom Phen, Mekong cruise and Saigon, before we go back to Germany.

Our ideas are:

15.05. arrive in the afternoon and check-in. Discover the Resort and relax until evening. For Dinner we are looking for something near Hyatt, but it seems that there is nothing around.

16.05./17.05. After breakfast a half day trip to Da Nang city or Monkey Mountains. Afternoon beach and enjoy. For the evening we want to do a food tour (suggestions?) and then see the dragon at work.

18.05. After breakfast climb the marble Mountains. How far away is it from Hyatt and is it possible to reach by walking along the beach?

Late afternoon with hotel shuttle to Hoi An and exploring the town. For evening dinning in Hoi An or make again a food tour. Back with taxi.

19.05. Wifes birthsday: To do nothing but relaxing, spa, and celebrating in the evening in one of the Hotelrestaurants.

20.05. Check-out and say good bye in the afternoon and go back via Ho chi Minh City, Bangkok to Munich.

Any advice for touroperators/taxis/Restaurants (prefer vietnam kitchen)/

best daytimes for the trips or what to see else (no temples, pagodes, museums). Thanks for any kind of information.

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
4,191 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

Marble Mountain is about 6.7 km away from the resort. There is a eating place at 126 Nguyễn Văn Thoại

Đà Nẵng, walkable for you, There are also about 4 other eating place within a 10 minute walk. Hope this helps.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
132 reviews
2. Re: Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

I think you'll love Danang.... we do. The Marble Mountains are less than 15 minute walk from your hotel (just on the other side of Vinpearl resort).

I would recommend an entire day in Hoi An. Go right after breakfast and stay all day. There is enough to see and do there and it is very beautiful (both day and night). Probably only 30 minutes from your hotel.

If you are comfortable on scooters, you can rent them and drive up the beach, to Monkey Mountain, to the Lady Buddha. Great views... fun ride.

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
4,191 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

In HoiAn there is also a big dinner cruise boat downtown, and see the silk factory also

Edited: 7:07 pm, February 12, 2015
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

The first time I searched for "hyatt da nang" in Google Maps I was surprised to find two sites identified. The real one, on Truong Sa, is only 2km from Non Nuoc village/Marble Mountains.

Recent reviews mention shuttle services to Da Nang and Hoi An. You can always use that to go into Da Nang and taxi back when it suits you.

Regards

rayza

Augsburg
Level Contributor
274 posts
206 reviews
5. Re: Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

Many thanks to all for your help, this is really nice.

@jaxfl1, do you have a little more informations about the Restaurants you mean.

Dinner cruise will be an good option. Hoi An food tours offers a combination of a short cruise and a food tour, I will contact them. Silk farm is on our to do list in Siem Reap.

@Rayza, that was my problem too. The distance between Marble Mountains and Hyatt is in a big range in the www.

To send an E-Mail to Hyatt for more informations about shuttle to Da Nang and Hoi An is a must for me. They also should know the real distance to Marble M.

If anyone has more suggestions, let me known and write it.

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
4,191 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

Fam- Can't be much help on restaurants as we eat at home or on the street 97% of the time. When we eat out it is normally because someone of our friends finds a place they want to take us for a celebration.

Augsburg
Level Contributor
274 posts
206 reviews
7. Re: Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

jaxfl1, sorry my fault. With restaurant I not only mean fine dinning. Everything with a table and chair to sit down and offering food whether cold or hot is a Restaurant in my definiton. It can be also a street vendor who only sells one or two courses.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
9,009 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

FM and Rayza,

The reason you two found two locations for the Hyatt is because they have been selling the Hyatt Residences while the Hyatt Resort is aimed for visitors.

I didn't pay attention to the location of all the resorts relative to the Marble mountains while I was there, but I think the Vinpearl is the closest.

✈ VLOG 265 - The Marble Mountains! | Backpacking Around The World! (Viet...: http://youtu.be/GnE4Z7_ivx0

That young couple basically walked from the area just before the Vinpearl to the Marble mountains and they already feel the heat.

The two Hyatts are further away North, and it seems to me they are adjacent from this footage:

Hyatt Regency Danang Residences: http://youtu.be/AfKZvFgPooY

The resort, from what I read, is a complex with a few 6 to 12 storied buildings and some 27 Villas.

The Residences, ít seems to me, is just north of the resort.

http://www.marblemountainresidences.com

I might be wrong, but I think the girl in the video is an employee of Hyatt and was taking people on a tour of the facility, from South to North, with the beach on the right side, and taller buildings at the beginning of the video.

With such a massive complex, I think it's best to have transportation to the base of the mountain and to reserve your energy for the exploration.

Cheers,

John

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

Hi John,

I might find another computer to try again as Google Maps now remembers my search choices , The second and incorrect pin on my first search wasn't at the Hyatt apartments, but several km north near where Pham Van Dong street reaches the beach.

Cheers

rayza

10. Re: Da Nang in May for 5 nights. Some informations needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 19, 2016