We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Nang markets / March 29 Park / Dragon bridge / beaches /

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
320 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Da Nang markets / March 29 Park / Dragon bridge / beaches /

Our family (2 adults + 10 and 13 year old) will be in Danang late July (also Hoi An and Ho CHi Minh), I have lots of questions....

I have been researching markets in Da nang (from trip advisor and google) and came up with the following:

1 Con Market: Next to bigC , 290 Hung Vuong Street, Hai Chau District,Da Nang City

2 Han Market: 7am-9pm or 5am–7pm??? 119 Tran Phu Street, Hai Chau 1 Ward, Hai Chau District . Located at the grand intersection of Tran Phu Street, Bach Dang Street, Hung Vuong Street and Tran Hung Dao Street

3 Hoa Khanh market: Open from???? to 12pm (noon???), Đường Âu Cơ, Hoa Khanh Industry Park, Hòa Khánh Bắc, Liên Chiểu

4 Dong Da Market: Lot 1, Dong Da Market, Luong Ngoc Quyen Street, Thanh Binh Ward, Hai Chau District

5 Nguyen Kim night market: Opposite to 29/3 Park on 46, Dien Bien Phu Street

Can someone please review and let me know which markets still operate, what the open hours are and also what type of market.

We are also thinking of visiting "March 29 Park" Is this open 4am to 10pm??? Are rides and entertainment still open from 4pm or just weekends?

We are going to see the Dragon Brdige - though I believe this doesn't bellow fire on a Sunday evening??? we are going to be in Hoi An, so can come back up for a Saturday evening.

Beaches - if time allows, we want to visit a Danang beach - which would you recommend? Non Nuoc Beach or My Khe Beach or ???

Phuoc Kieu Bronze Casting Village - is this closer to Da Nang or Hoi An - is it set up for families to visit and see the skilled people at work?

Any other must do things??? (note due to illness anything with loads of stairs or steep walking is not suitable). We have already booked a private Mountains and Minorities Loop tour.

Thanks in advance for any support - I know I have lots of questions....

Edited: 12:54 am, June 08, 2014
Hoian Danang Hue Private Tour Guide
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Ba Na Cable Car Tours
Observation Decks & Towers, Tramways, Sightseeing Tours
Danang Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Da Nang markets / March 29 Park / Dragon bridge / beaches /

You guys should check out this guy's youtube channel. he provides very good insight while driving his motorbike through vietnam...i was just watching his Da Nang videos. he mentions to avoid the beaches at around 5pm where the locals will flood the beaches and blare vietnamese music...here are his vids for Da Nang...you have to get used to his humor though...you can ask him questions if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UED6zNf4dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3NOkcmXCq4

Edited: 12:36 am, June 19, 2014
Da Nang, Vietnam
6 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Da Nang markets / March 29 Park / Dragon bridge / beaches /

Hello beadshopper,

Market: As everyone said, you don't have to visit many markets. Between Han market and Con market, I prefer the first one. As Phuongvtm mentioned before, the seller often rip off, but I find Han market easier to cut the price down. I think, you guys should not go to the market and try to make a good deal in early morning because If you buy nothing after bargaining, the seller can be rude to you. I'm so sorry, It's my experience. Go to the market at 9 or 10 am would be fine :)

Beaches: Danang beaches are divided into 3 main areas which are next to each other: Pham Van Dong beach - My Khe beach - T20 beach.. Walk along the street, on foot or by bicycle, you can find a place for yourselves. You also can see local people take part in daily activities there, it's cool :)

It's the pity that you cannot come to Da Nang this June, you've missed a very interesting part (watch the video below)

For people who stay in Danang this June, maybe this video will well worth considering. Enjoy!

Danang Summer Destination 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Da Nang markets / March 29 Park / Dragon bridge / beaches /

Great post, danangbackpacker,

Lots of good advice here!---I too, enjoy the Han markets for provisioning ---a lot of fun ( watch your wallets )!!!----I prefer to change money at a good jeweller in the Con markets. I usually go with Danangese VN friends, and get the best rates in town!

Danang is VN's most progressive Municipality in Vietnam ( IMHO )----so many changes in 16 years!---2 bridges then , now 7+ railway bridge!

I DO miss the old terrible road to My Khe, and the old road to Hoi An ( all first class roads now )----all the Casuarina trees are now gone!

Progress ( but reasonably well organized )

plover

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Da Nang markets / March 29 Park / Dragon bridge / beaches /

For those who are interested in the Dragon bridge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw1Iwsl_x5k

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Da Nang markets / March 29 Park / Dragon bridge / beaches /

Just wanted to clarify from my earlier post: it's the Han market that's on the river, not the Con market. Sorry for that!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Da Nang markets / March 29 Park / Dragon bridge / beaches /

I'll heading to Da Nang from Hoi An today.

Is there any night market,SPA worth to pay a visit?

And, I have been more than enough with all those fire hot sun... Love to hide from it.

17. Re: Da Nang markets / March 29 Park / Dragon bridge / beaches /

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, May 24, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Da Nang