We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe place to stay

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
safe place to stay

I plan to visit Da Nang next month. I'll go with my husband and our budget is 50 USD/night.

Can you recommend us some safe and clean hotels near the center with reasonable price and convenient for shopping and enjoying Da Nang at night.

Thanks in advance for your help, my friends.

Taylor N

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: safe place to stay

DG,

I spoke to a good friend in Danang today!---The Next International Fireworks competition will be held in late April, early May in 2015. The exact date has not yet been determined.

As another poster here stated, it has been changed to a Biennial event, much to the disgust of the locals!

plover ( the pyrotechnic )

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: safe place to stay

Plover

Me too.

Thanks for the info. Don't think I'll be there in April.

DG

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: safe place to stay

The locals loved the fireworks as otherwise they are illegal in VietNam and it spurred alot of tourism dollars for DaNang. Rooms were as hard to come by as during Tet. I usually shy away from the touristy areas to stay as that's where you get pestered by vendors and such. Dong Da st has afew mid range hotels and it's a short trip to the "city center/tourist area". The only hotel I've stayed in near there was the Bamboo Green #3 or Riverside as it's sometimes called. I did stay at the Mango out near the beach and it's a beautiful boutique hotel but with nothing near it as in coffee shops or nightlife it's lacking.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: safe place to stay

Thanks all your helpful recommendation.

We finally make the choice. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

Shenzhen, China
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: safe place to stay

I read you stayed in Da Nang during Tet. We will also be there at this time (2014). Can you tell me if most things will still be openned and transport to go and see Hoi An be available. We where in Hanoi a few years ago at the Tet and most things were closed. We currently live in China so it is one of our holiday times that we can go away, otherwise we would change our dates.

16. Re: safe place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Da Nang