We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around with out a tour guide

Wales UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around with out a tour guide

So my partner and I are visiting Vietnam in three short weeks and we are very excited to visit the country but I find my self with absolutely no pre conceived image of what it will be like there especially for sight seeing, we visited Kenya last year and were told it was not safe for us to leave our resort and be without a taxi driver due to crime ect and I'm just wondering if it is the same for Vietnam? We are staying in Denang for a few days and would love to do our key sights without joining a tour group really and be a bit more independent; is it safe and do able for us to just go out on our own as sight see or is it more advisable to join a proper tour group? Thanks in advance

UK
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting around with out a tour guide

And they confirmed it to me by email:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your travel insurance. This extract is referring to what is not covered in regards to medical emergency expenses. It literally means that you can ride a motorcycle up to an engine size of 125cc, but no higher, without a licence while abroad and still be covered. If you have a full UK licence, you are covered for the same engine sizes as you are within the UK. If you would like to discuss this is more detail please call our customer service team on xxx-xxx-xxx.

There are plenty of others with much the same conditions, but not all insurers cover this, so it really does pay to read and understand the policy.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting around with out a tour guide

Welcome to VietNam, Eviehart :)

My country is more, more secure than u think :))

I think Da Nang is the option that is not be missed, I have been here last summer wt my family; very nice city with lots of beautiful bridges, local food is very delicious and cheap. The Marble Mountains can be considered to visit when you r here.

13. Re: Getting around with out a tour guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, September 30, 2013
Wales UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Getting around with out a tour guide

Why Thank you Phong Tien! I am very much looking forward to visiting your beautiful country and thank you for the reassurance on safety i have nothing but lovely things about the people of Vietnam and i cannot wait to meet as many of them as possible.

Thanks Again

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Getting around with out a tour guide

Hi, you can contact Hoi An Free Tour- a student organisation. They will take you around Cam Kim Village. Because they are almost students from Da Nang university, they warmly welcome you at Da Nang. Some reviews from them here tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298082-d235…

16. Re: Getting around with out a tour guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Da Nang