We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hue or Hoi An?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hue or Hoi An?

Hi, I'm planning a six-day trip to Da Nang/Hue/Hoi An. My initial itinerary is to spend 2 days in Da Nang, and 4 days in Hoi An. However, it seems that Hoi An and Hue are much attractive places than Da Nang. I like historical and cultural-rich places, not really a buff for museums and mountains so other than Da Nang beach, I will be skipping the other attractions in Da Nang.

So can anyone advise how I can split up my days so that I can have time for Hue and Hoi An, and maybe spend just 1 day in Da Nang (I'm flying in and out of Da Nang)? Or are 6 days too rush for so many places, that it can only be Da Nang and Hoi An, or Da Nang and Hue (bearing in mind that Hoi An and Hue are at opposite directions and Hue is much farther)?

Appreciate very much for any advice ....

Mentioned in this post
Da Nang
Da Nang
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
11. Re: Hue or Hoi An?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:57 am, October 23, 2013
Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hue or Hoi An?

Both....I've just got back from Vietnam. It was the most fantastic trip. I stayed in Danang and travelled out from there. I hired a driver and car for the week....Tam Singh travel. The best thing I could ever have done. Tam my driver spoke fantastic English and was great with helping me sort an itinerary. In my short visit I managed Hue, Ba Na Hills, Hoi An, the Vihn Moc tunnels, a mud bath and hot springs spa, Marble Mountain, My Son plus other sights in Danang. It was very full on and some long days travelling but that's what I wanted.....to see as much as possible in the short time I had. I was also keen to see the 'real Vietnam' as I am a keen hobby photographer and Tam was great at stopping off at the roadside so that we could venture into fields to talk to workers, stop at traditional houses to meet the family. All were happy to be photographed and took delight in asking lots of questions and looking at the photos. Tam was great company as I was sightseeing alone and was great at recommending traditional dishes to try at lunch time. I absolutely loved Vietnam and would definitely go back.

Mentioned in this post
Danang Beach Hotel
Danang Beach Hotel
173 Reviews
Da Nang, Vietnam
Hue
Hue
Ba Na Hills
Ba Na Hills
3,528 Reviews
Da Nang, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hue or Hoi An?

Hi Niki, may I know how many days you had for your trip?

Thinking of going to My Son, apart from the usual sights in Hue and Hoi An, I'm not sure I can still squeeze it in. I'm doing 6 days.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hue
Hue
Hoi An
Hoi An
Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hue or Hoi An?

I had 6 days! It was exhausting but worth it. My Son is stunning try and go.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hue or Hoi An?

Thanks, Niki, I must make time for My Son for sure! Appreciate your feedback!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,961 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hue or Hoi An?

Perhaps something like this:

Day 1 - Hoi An

Day 2 - My Son day trip

Day 3 - Cua Dai Beach - Hoi An

Day 4 - Day trip from Hoi An to Hue, arriving in the early evening.

Day 5 & 6 - Hue

Since it's your plan to get a driver, I suggest that you depart early to avoid the tourist throng; on the way back, you could visit some of the followings: the Tra Kieu Church, Kim Bong wood craft village, Thanh Ba pottery village, Tra Que herb and vegetable village, Phuoc Dong copper craft village, Ma Chau or Dong Yen/Thi Lai textile village, Ban Thach mat village.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Cua Dai Beach
Cua Dai Beach
2,221 Reviews
Hoi An, Vietnam
Hue
Hue
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hue or Hoi An?

Hi John,

the places that you mentioned to visit on the way back, are they part of the day trip to My Son?

My itinerary may look like this:

Day 1: Arrive Danang in late afternoon. Overnight Danang

Day 2: Danang to Hue (Citadel, Thien Mu Pagoda, Dong Ba, night market)

Day 3: Hue (3 tombs, Thuy Bieu Village, Thanh Toan Bridge)

Day 4: Hue to Hoi An (late afternoon so maybe only Ancient town?)

Day 5: My Son and Hoi An (haven't decided what to do in Hoi An yet)

Day 6: Hoi An (only morning). Afternoon, back to Danang. Departure

Many people recommend CUa Dai Beach, but I don't know which day I can squeeze it in. Any suggestions?

Does it all sound too much to do?

Edited: 10:28 pm, October 17, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Danang Beach Hotel
Danang Beach Hotel
173 Reviews
Da Nang, Vietnam
Hue
Hue
Thien Mu Pagoda
Thien Mu Pagoda
3,122 Reviews
Hue, Vietnam
Thanh Toan Bridge
Thanh Toan Bridge
338 Reviews
Hue, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Cua Dai Beach
Cua Dai Beach
2,221 Reviews
Hoi An, Vietnam
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,961 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Hue or Hoi An?

Yes, they all are; some are a bit further off the main road.

You can look them a bit and decide how much time you want to spend before getting back to Hoi An. Give the list to the driver and ask him what he can fit in.

As far as Cua Dai, you can either do it on the first afternoon, the next, or the third morning if you feel like it. It's maybe 4km or so from the old town.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Ho Chi Minh
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Hue or Hoi An?

Hoi An you can stay longer. Nice holiday to u

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
20. Re: Hue or Hoi An?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 19, 2014