We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

Which Da Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

My friend and I will be arriving at Danang Airport on 1 May at about 5.30pm enroute to Hue. We read that Hue Airport is closed from 20 Mar to 20 Nov.

Would appreciate information on the following:

a.Is there a bus shuttle / coach service from Danang Airport direct to Hue . If there is, kindly enlighten us on the location of shuttle service counter at Danang Airport.

b. What is the frequency and the fare per pax?

c. How long does the trip take?

We understand that the other option by taxi or private transfer can be quite steep.

Thank you.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

According to this official website (I think the company got the "bid" from the city of Hue for this transfer project during the time the airport is closed down), there are 7 buses each way everyday.

Sorry, it doesn't seem they have an English version.

(You can try any translation software you like).

At least you can read the time schedule from there.

In Hue, if you want to be picked up at area hotels, there's a surcharge of 10.000 dong VN (roughly 50 cents) - you will be pick-up in 7-seat passenger car/van. The cost for either route (into and out of Hue) is 130.000 dong VN as Phanquynh mentioned.

There are two numbers at the bottom to call.

The first one is for information, the second one is for booking.

Notice that it's not every two hours.

I think they arrange the schedule according to the number of flights in and out.

They also state that they will arrange for more buses if it is called for.

They use a 29-seat bus with AC.

They estimate a 2hr 15m trip.

There's no charge for luggage, but I hope people have the courtesy to let them know when booking how many pieces you have to make it easier for them to coordinate and not to delay the departure unecessarily for everybody.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

@lalagirl

As indicated, the last bus out of Da Nang Airport is at 6:30 P.M.

You can inquire at the Airlines or call the number on that website to see if they have additional service on that day.

I doubt it, for the reason - I think - they don't want to incur the liability of late night travel.

BTW, I don't think anybody wants to plan for the 2hr15min that they suggest. As another TA member had shared his recent experience, it could take up to 3-1-2 hr.

Maybe he also includes the waiting time???

Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

This information has been very helpful to us as well. Thanks everyone who contributed. Cheers.

Canberra, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

John was right, the company got the "bid" from the city of Hue for this transfer project. No charge for luggage because have paid a higher fare than travel on normal local buses on same route. Again as John mentioned, it will definitely help to both you & them when - if possible - book in advance & let them know how many pieces of luggage you have.

From Danang airport to Hue, according to the info on their website there would be a bus leaving every 2 hours (I am a Vietnamese Australian). However, they may arrange the bus pending client demand as it is their way of doing the business, differ with the level of service we get used to have here.

For the travelling time, I remember from Hue to Danang it always be taking a 30mins break before or after crossing Hai Van tunnel. So just add it up to the actual travelling time. (Hue - Danang is about 100kms apart & a busy road, max speed is 60km/h, you'll get a ticket if you get caught speeding). If you go to HoiAn by tourist bus like SinhCafe there will be another stop at Marble Mountain SouthEast of Danang before arriving in HoiAn.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

Oops, I just realize I never post the link to the website, my bad.

xekhachhue.com.vn/NewsDetails.aspx…

Information: 054.3818181

Booking: 0913465174

Canberra, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

John,

Here is a quick translation.

Shuttle transfer between Hue - Danang Airport during Phu Bai airport upgrading/repairing.

1. Service period: 22 March 2013 to 20 November 2013.

2. Timetable & ticket sales locations: 14 trips/day:

- Hue: * Hue Bus Co. office at 99 An Duong Vuong, Hue

* Hotels pickup (7-seat shuttle, VND10,000/km/PP)

* Departing time: 5am, 7am, 9.30am, 12pm, 1.30pm, 4pm, 5.30pm.

- Da Nang Airport: 8am, 8.30am, 9.30am, 12pm, 1.30pm, 4.30pm, 6.30pm.

The number of trips per day will be increased/reduced pending on the need.

3. Cost: VND130,000/pp (baggage no charge.)

4. Transport: 29-seats air con bus, good staff service, passenger insurance covered.

5. Travelling time: 2 hours 15 minutes.

For further information please call (054)3818181 (booking offices) or 0913 465 174

------

From this info I doubt that the shuttle bus would take a break stop.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

Thanks PQ; if I remember correctly (I had read it somewhere either on that site or the site of the Thua Thien District or something), they have 50 buses.

That translates to nearly 1,500 passengers a day each way, if each bus only makes one trip - which is probably the case, given the time frame.

At the max, each bus can only make 1-1/2 trip, even though it's not possible, since not all of them will start at the same time early in the morning.

At any rate 1,700 passengers a day each way seems to be a number they can handle, except for some really busy weekends and holidays.

Some may opt for a taxi or a train, which would lighten the load.

Edited: 2:06 am, June 14, 2013
Canberra, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

John,

Don't worry much about that as I was told that there is another company (from Danang ???) also providing this shuttle service. Anyway this shuttle will be mainly used by foreign tourists. Local travelers will arrange their own transport, either pickup by their friend/relative, go by train or local bus (cost them around VND50.000/pp) much less than shuttle bus fare. However if you wants to get some life experience you may want to take the train but I wouldn't recommend using local bus unless you are a young backpacker trying to save a few bucks here & there.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

PQ, my sister-in-law is from Da Nang.

I asked her to send an email to get the scoop from her brother (and a big family).

In fact, my brother's family will be departing from Houston to visit VN next week. Obviously, they will be picked up by relatives, so I know how it goes :)

I've been thinking of retirement in Da Nang, but with this rate of development, I'm afraid that it will become too commercialized.

I think I'm going to head for the mountains, LOL.

Canberra, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Bus transfer from Danang Airport to Hue

Good to know someone from same place that I spent my high school time.

I'm enjoying my retirement after taking an early retirement 4 years ago but I rather travel around the world than just land in 1 place.

Anyway, I'll have a trip to VN next month. This time I'll take 2 separate tours. One from Hue to Nhatrang then another covering Mekong delta + Phu quoc.

Nice to chat with you.