We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My son & Hoi An from Da nang

Lebanon
Level Contributor
181 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
My son & Hoi An from Da nang

Arriving in Da nang at 10:30 by train from Hue and only staying the 1 night (early flight next morning).

How can we go to My son or Hoi An during the day ? Can we do both ? As well as marble mountain ??

What are the local transportation methods we can use.

Appreciate comments.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,238 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My son & Hoi An from Da nang

It's possible, Hoi An is about 30 minutes by car from Da Nang and My Son another hour beyond that. The Marble Mountain is on the way between Da Nang and Hoi An. It would be a bit rushed, but if you hired a private car and driver it would be a lot easier. I'm not sure if any bus tours go to My Son later in the day; they all seem to be early to mid morning.

I'd look at the Marble Mountain and My Son first, and leave Hoi An for last before you go back to Da Nang as by then you'll know how much time you have left to spend there.

Edited: 12:47 pm, September 14, 2012
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My son & Hoi An from Da nang

From Danang, you can take a local bus to Hoi An. It costs 15,000. The last one from Hoi An at 5.30 pm. There's a seat in coach tour to My Son departs at 8.00. It means that you are only able to do My Son tour with private car. Marble Mountain is on the way to Hoi An. But you may not have enough time to join in. If you want to do all of those Marble Mountain, Hoi An, My Son, you should hire a private tour guide and driver. But you will go a bit in a hurry.

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
363 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My son & Hoi An from Da nang

You can travel from Danang train station to My Son and visiting. And then to Hoi An. You can visit the old town at night, visiting places also open at night for you to visit

The best way to travel is to have a private car or taxi because your time is limited

South Africa
Level Contributor
32 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My son & Hoi An from Da nang

Please can you give an idea of cost for private car from Da Nang to My Son and then to Hoi An - we would be sleeping in Hoi An at night. Thanks.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My son & Hoi An from Da nang

It would be 70USD.

Edited: 6:09 am, September 17, 2012
South Africa
Level Contributor
32 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My son & Hoi An from Da nang

Thanks !

Lebanon
Level Contributor
181 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My son & Hoi An from Da nang

thank you to all for your advice, seems like we will try to do a private car/taxi to do the sites at our leasure.

Regards

8. Re: My son & Hoi An from Da nang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, October 02, 2012
Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My son & Hoi An from Da nang

enjoy your trip. just 43 $. y o u can go your trip .WELCOME TO HOI AN.

Lebanon
Level Contributor
181 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My son & Hoi An from Da nang

Thank you all. Our hotel booked us a private car and we did Marble mountains + My Son + Hoi An for $60. it was great

Get answers to your questions about Da Nang