We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondola near Danang

Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Gondola near Danang

Hi,

Has anyone been on the gondola which is about 40km away from Danang in the Ba Na Mountains? Been to Hoi An a few times and had never heard of it until I read about it in the Sunday newspapers last weekend. How did you get there and what costs?

thanks heaps

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gondola near Danang

https://www.google.com.au/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENAU304&q=ba+na+hills+cable+car&oq=cable+car+ba+na&gs_l=igoogle.1.1.0i30j0i8i30l7.260.3692.0.7276.13.12.0.1.1.1.314.1975.3j7j1j1.12.0...0.0...1ac.WVRA1H5g1NU

Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gondola near Danang

Thanks very much for that website....fantastic.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,530 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gondola near Danang

You know what .... I thought you were asking about a gondola, like they have in Venice flickr.com/photos/bertie_is_here/1393657822/ :-) Thinking never seen one of those in Vietnam.

Hits head against a brick wall.

The view from Ba Na flickr.com/photos/bertie_is_here/1411428496/ the cable car goes much higher but wasn't operating on the day I went there. There is a rather windy road that goes on up.

Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gondola near Danang

Hi Bertie,

Yep, I would have called it a cable car, too, but the blurb about it had it as "gondola" so that's why I called it that. Looks interesting and something we havent heard of when in Hoi An previously, so will give it a go.

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gondola near Danang

"Thanks very much for that website....fantastic."

Fantastic website?

It's Google.

It's your friend.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gondola near Danang

I did the trip in 2009 and actually stayed at a hotel at the summit of Ban Na. A nice ride to the top and you can guess that the view from the summit is pretty amazing. Also it is noticeably cooler at that altitude. In addition to the view, there is a temple and a statue of Buddha at the top. Part of the fun for me was to observe the Vietnamese tourists. This type of tourist attraction is pretty new in Vietnam. All in all, an interesting day trip out of Da Nang.

I was part of a 30 person delegation visiting the place for business purposes, so I can't comment on the cost of getting there. But my guess is you could negotiate a reasonable price to get there by taxi.

jacksonville
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gondola near Danang

Well things have changed at BaNa sence 2009. My niece was just there and there is now an amusement park on the mountain and restruants and high priced hotel. I was also there back in 2008 and stayed at the hotel, I think it was about $10usd a night back then. Inside the amusement park is alot of rides and games. The cable cars are also cool with great views. We were there in March and you needed a light jacket at night.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gondola near Danang

ouch. Can't stop progress? I guess we are back to concluding the only real reason to go to DaNang is to visit the Cham museum before moving on to Hoi An. Or to take the train up to Hue.

9. Re: Gondola near Danang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Da Nang