We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4D/3N Danang

Which Da Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
4D/3N Danang

Hi, I have just booked a short holiday to Danang in late June. I heard that traveling from Danang to Hue via train offers a spectacular view. Any thing to do or see while in Hue? Is it possible to make just a day trip to Hue since I have already paid for my hotel stay in Danang.

- Iris, Singapore

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4D/3N Danang

While it is possible to go to Hue for a day trip!! you will wish that you will stay one night in Hue.. There are a few spectacular tombs and palaces to see there..

1) Might need to rent a car for the whole day trip out of convenience reason..

2) Prioritize on looking at these places in Hue: Khai Dinh's tomb, Tuc Duc's tomb and the Imperial Citadel.. Allow 1 to 2 hours for each attraction..

3) Hue is approx 2 hours from Da Nang..

Cheers

Edited: 12:54 pm, May 21, 2012
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4D/3N Danang

Hue is one of World Heritage and Festival city in Vietnam. You can stay 1 day or 2 days in Hue with day visit Hue Citadel, Perfume river boat trip some King's tombs, Thien Mu Pagoda or enjoy speciality and cuisine in Hue.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,924 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4D/3N Danang

A pity you have paid for your hotel in Da Nang. Hue really has more to offer the tourist, IMO there is very little for tourists in Da Nang itself. You could also do a day trip to Hoi An which is only about 30-45 minutes away by road.

On another day you could visit the Marble Mountain, which is between Hoi An And Da Nang, but I would not recommend trying to fit it in on the same day as your Hoi An visit as there is not enough time to do justice to both.

Edited: 7:33 am, May 22, 2012
Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4D/3N Danang

Enjoy your time in Da Nang, it has MUCH to offer beyond the usual tourist traps in Hue and the endless supply of stores selling 'table runners' in Hoi An.

In Da Nang you can take a taxi ride to the recently completed Pagoda on Son Tra Peninsula featuring breathtaking views and the huge female Buddha statue visible from anywhere in Da Nang (free admission). Enjoy the world class China Beach (My Khe) which is unspoiled and almost deserted during much of the day (again FREE). You can walk undisturbed for miles on the beach without being harassed to purchase things. Try some great seafood at one of the numerous places along the beach road that offer g5 Star quality and at 1/10 the price of the tourist restaurants. Then take an evening stroll along the Han River walk (FREE), a pleasant experience where you can stroll with the locals without any hassles.

Hue is a beautiful city too, but must speak up for my adopted home city of Da Nang which receives a lot of unfair and unwarranted negative publicity.

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,684 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4D/3N Danang

Yes Da Nang does seem to get blasted from time to time because it doesn't have alot of tourist attractions but it does have alot to offer. Some of it spread out. I too hate being hassled constantly by vendors to buy buy buy and the endless same same stalls that you see in Hoi An. I like the real city charm of Da Nang and the people are very friendly in a genuine way. Beach chair rental is 30k on China Beach though. To each his own as far as travel destinations are concerned.

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4D/3N Danang

Yup drifter you got it right, I suppose some people do enjoy those touristy things and we should leave them to purchase some authentic Vietnamese souvenirs that were made in China!

To be honest I am a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to Da Nang. On one hand I will tout and fret on how Da Nang is overlooked and under appreciated, but on the other hand I want to keep it a secret and complain about the tourists when I do see them in the city!

Guess I fear the day when that first Da Nang Circle K, Pizza Hut, or Baskin-Robbins opens on my street. It was unsettling enough when the first KFC opened in Da Nang a few years ago, now only 12 months later two more large stores have opened for a grand total of four locations. Everyone in Da Nang can now go eat with the Colonel (although he does bear a striking resemblance to Uncle Ho).

Edited: 11:41 am, May 29, 2012
George Town...
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4D/3N Danang

Is there any good seafood restaurant in Da Nang?

jacksonville
Level Contributor
3,866 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4D/3N Danang

Is there any good seafood restaurant in Da Nang?

As you go toward HoiAn you make a right close to China beach, there is a really good Seafood place right there on the the beach. You can watch teh little round boats bring in fish. I am sorry don't remember the name of the place.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,924 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4D/3N Danang

World Panda, we tried sitting by the Han River and just watching the water and the world go by, but could not because we were relentlessly pestered by sellers who would not take "No, we don't want to buy anything" and "No, we will not change your money for you" for an answer.

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 4D/3N Danang

Go over the Han River Bridge and continue straight down to Pham Van Dong street to My Khe beach. Turn right onto Truong Sa Street (also the road to Hoi An) runs perpendicular to the beach and houses expensive seafood restaurants on the beach side, and the numerous (but still good) small mom n pop eateries on the city side.

Of the large places (beachside) I prefer "Phuoc My 2", although any of the larger places are still good and most offer oceanside dining. The big resorts along the beach offer seafood buffets on various nights, but the seafood is not any better and is grossly overpriced.

Get answers to your questions about Da Nang