We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

Which Da Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
582 posts
Save Topic
Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

I will be taking the train from Hue to Danang, and hope to catch the bus from Danang to Hoi An. I know there are open buses around, but due to the schedule, I am more inclined to take the public bus.

(1) May someone please advise me what time is the bus schedule from Da nang City centre to Hoi An via public bus

(2) How much does it cost?

(3) Where do I board the bus?

(4) I wish to have someone who has taken this option sharing his/ her experience, e.g.was it difficult? was the experience unpleasant? How did you get from danang train station to the bus station, and how much did it costs?

Any information re this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Thank you.

39 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

Hi dtanel,

There a lot of taxi available at the station. Try Mai Linh taxi, branding taxi in Vietnam, cost you about VND300K (about RM44)- though you can try to negotiate it down to VND200K from station to Hoi An.

As for the bus, personally, I find it difficult,with language barrier, but if you wish to try, out of station, straight ahead until you reach a major street,then turn right to approach a park entrance, then on opposite side of road, there is a bus stop for a yellow colored bus going to Hoi An(if not mistaken, route bus #1), and fare is VND20k.

And do not be surprised, when you are there,and you do not see the bus,and waiting taxi driver will be there,even with nice "stories" telling you the bus is not operating etc.

This bus passes by Marble Mountain.

Bus schedules?? is oxymoron like in Malaysia lah.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

Do you know which bus station in Hoi an the #1 bus from Danang goes to?

Thank you

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

Hoi An town is not that big so chances are you're going to be asked where you're staying and be left off close by. The public bus runs from Bach Dang st. near the Han Market but not late. You can get a moto xe om from the airport/train station to the bus stop....do you have alot of luggage?....then may be an inconvience. There's also a tourist bus but that leaves from Dong Da st...in front of #12 Hai Dang guest house 60k...also in the afternoon and not late at night....taxi may be your best option.....local bus is 20k but they may charge a foreigner 50k....and if you have luggage they charge for that seat also.

Edited: 6:25 pm, February 24, 2013
Beechworth...
Level Contributor
196 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

Hey drifter, you ever tried to get a moto xe om to Hoi An? Any idea of cost?

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

I'm sure you can get one and it should be cheaper than a taxi...I'd offer 200k as a taxi is near 300-350k.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

I got offered a moto taxi to Hoi An for 100k when I was going the same route 2 days ago, but wanted to Hoi by bus instead as it was also raining (though it's great weather now!)

The bus (indeed yellow, number 1) runs about every 20 minutes according to the locals. They charge 18k for locals and 50k for foreigners indeed.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

Hi! Which bus station do I use for the trip back to Danang - the one on Hung Vuong or the one on Le Hong Phong? I want to catch the yellow bus (and see if I can pay just 18K).

thanks!

San Carlos de...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

hi! my flight arrives at 2215 to Danang, are there any taxis that late? or buses? is it dangerous? should i change my flight? thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

Yes, taxis are available at all time.

Here's the fixed price schedule:

danang.gov.vn/portal/…

However, I have seen quoted price online by some private company for as low as 280,000 dong (about $13); I just don't know how reliable they are though.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule

Hello,

I would like to give actual price for Hoi An to Da Nang for yellow public bus.

They tried to charge 50k, but after some bargaining it was 30k (20+10k for a bag). Have exact change:)

Reply to: Danang- Hoi An via public bus- schedule
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted