We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Danang end of October

Malaysia
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Danang end of October

Can someone pls tell me is end of October too wet to visit Danang? Heard form a friend at times there are floods at thsi time?Is this information correct?

3 nights in Hoi An and maybe 2 nights in Hue is good? Pls advise. Thank you.

Chiewy

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
532 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Danang end of October

Hi Chiewy,

October is during the typhoon season in Hue-Danang-Hoi An. It could be dry & sunny or there could be floods. But it won't be cold at least ;)

3 in Hoi An and 2 in Hue is good, and if you do happen to get stuck in the floods (or pub days, as i call them) you will have more of an adventure. Last October there were a few days of knee high water, but you can still get around and everyone is in good spirits.

jacksonville
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Danang end of October

In that area in October bring your Swim Fins, Mask and snorkel so you can go from one bar to the next pub.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
532 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Danang end of October

or a canoe :)

It can be lots of fun actually, as long as like no one is dying or anything, there is such a great sense of camaraderie during the floods.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Danang end of October

After reading you guys posts chiewy is definitely outta here. canoes and fins? LOL

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Danang end of October

Actually canoes aren't as silly as they sound. Friends of mine have been canoed from their hotels to higher ground to leave town and keep their luggage dry.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Danang end of October

U guys are fun. Great. One more question, I read about the parade during full moon every month. If there is a flood, is the parade still on.? Thank you. Really appreciate your quick response and such positive spirit.

Chiewy

jacksonville
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Danang end of October

It is a Floating Light Festival.... does that answer teh question...LOL

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
532 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Danang end of October

bahahahahaha

Chiewy, please don't let this stop you from coming in Oct! if you are lucky enough to be here for a 'flood festival' it will make your trip even better. I'm assuming you can swim?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Danang end of October

Thanks again. Can swim but not well. It's not that dangerously flooded is it? I dont think my girlfriends can. We are doing an old classmates girls trip. Fun yah? So the parade is on rain or shine?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Danang end of October

If we dont swim or not good swimmers, should we book hotels away from flood prone areas? If so which area or hotel should we stay? Many thanks

Get answers to your questions about Da Nang