We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

Which Da Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
806 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

What are some reputable taxi companies in Da Nang? Are Vinasun and Mai Linh safe options (like they generally are in HCMC, for example)?

In HCMC, the toll fare at the airport is included in the price of the taxi, I believe. In Da Nang, is that the same or is the toll fare an extra in addition to the taxi fare on the meter?

Thanks!

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,576 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

Mai Linh taxi's are usually reliable and safe and the gate fee is usually waived for taxi's if there under a certain time. I have never been required to pay a gate fee, however, I have heard other complain of having to. Ask before getting in the car.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

Most places in VN i would just use Mai Linh taxi's , i also have never paid this gate fee but yeah best to ask before you get in !

Cheers!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
806 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

Thanks to you both!

Are you aware of the contact details for Mai Linh in Da Nang? We had a terrible encounter with one of their marshalls (but no problems whatsoever with the driver) who I'd normally assume should try and help customers rather than scam them, as they are a representative for their company at the airport. Would raising a complaint be a good idea or should it just be one of those things that should just be considered as part of the experience? I know in some cultures, raising complaints may not necessarily be the 'thing to do'.

Edited: 1:12 pm, June 29, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
806 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

If anyone knows, what is considered a reasonable taxi fare anyway from the airport to the city (e.g. to hotels like Green Plaza) or vice-versa?

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

MAI LINH TAXI DANANG Tel: 0511. 3522 666 (by rights you should have no probs at the airport)

Cheers!

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

fare from the airport to the city not much at all, perhaps 30-40,000 vnd just make sure the meter is on!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

Yes, I paid 30000 to go to a hotel down near the river. Given the price increase of late, might be 40k by now but no big deal. Quick and easy drive.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
72 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

We used Mailinh Taxi from airport to Century hotel next to Perfume river cost us just over 100K VND...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

Yes, driver of reputable taxi company demanded we pay toll fee when dropping us at Danang airport.

Edited: 4:31 am, July 24, 2011
10. Re: Taxi to Airport - Reputable taxis and toll fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:57 am, July 27, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Da Nang