We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Nang bay cruise ship terminal in Vietnam

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Da Nang bay cruise ship terminal in Vietnam

Can anyone tell me where the cruise ships (eg Princess) dock and if it is possible to walk into any of the sites or the town of Da Nang, Vietnam?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Da Nang bay cruise ship terminal in Vietnam

There are two ports the cruises use for Danang. Tien Sa is over 9km from the central Han Market. The Dragon Bridge and Cham Museum are a little further. By 9am it can be very warm and humid and I'd prefer a taxi over a couple of hours walking before visiting any sites. Taxis are 12000vnd -16000 per km. Marble Mtns are another 8km south.

The other port, which I think Princess Cruises use, though maybe not exclusively, is Chan May, about 50km away from central Danang on the other side of the Hai Van Pass and Tunnel. It is actually in Thua Thien Hue province and 50km from Hue City.

Regards

rayza

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Da Nang bay cruise ship terminal in Vietnam

Thanks Rayza, that was very helpful. I have since found that our ship will actually be calling at Chan May, with tours going from there to Da Nang, Hue and Hoi An. I am looking to see whether it is better to visit Hue or Hoi An since time is limited. Tanks aain fr your hep.

3. Re: Da Nang bay cruise ship terminal in Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 12, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Da Nang