We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

Aussie
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

I am still undecided wether to stay at the Golden Sands. i would apreciate reviews about the Hoi An beach resort.are the river views better than the sea views ? i had a look at the Palm Garden resort but no tubs in the bath room. So its Hoi An beach resort resort VS Golden Sands resort.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

Have you tried using the search facility here? There are 10/20 posts every week about the different resorts in Hoi An. Also have a look at the hotel review section.

Aussie
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

yes i have read all reviews but there is not many reviews about the Hoi Han beach resort. thank you for your reply Grumphy

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

Hi grumphy

We did not stay at the Beach resort, but just to let you know, it is across the road from the beach. All the hawkers and locals arrive on that part of the beach at night for dinner. The Victoria and Golden Sand stop the hawkers from entering their beach area. Good or a bad thing I'm not sure of. We walked along the beach from GS and some tourists were getting a massage on the beach on the beach area of the Hoi An Resort, can not get this at Vic or GS.

Hope this helps

Regards

Touring_Family

uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

Hi we stayed at the beach resort last april we loved it.as previous poster said its across from beach and you can get a cheap meal and beer on the beach with candle light mixing with the locals fab fab.

We had a room with a river view cant fault it also there is a bus that runs to the sister hotel in town from there you can walk to main part of hoi an.dont miss the market there just as the children are coming home from school and getting on the boats with their bikes its preiceless.

Breakfast at the beach resort is fab eating with views over the river we would recomend this hotel and would stay there again.

there are lots of restarants along from here too ,people are so friendly here enjoy!!!

Hanoi Vietnam
Level Contributor
963 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

Grumphy,

I've stayed at both these places and they are both good.

I would like to pick up on the river view mentioned by airmiles. The sea is the sea from any hotel balcony in the world but the river view from the HA Beach resort is unique, very Vietnamese and postcard beautiful. The price difference between the two could be used to upgrade to a larger room or a suite in their "Riverview Villas".

If budget is not your first consideration then you should be aware that the "Beachfront bungalows" at Palm Garden have huge tubs in their semi-outdoor bathrooms.

Martin

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

we are tossing up dong an(river beach hotel) and hoi an beach resort .have read all the reviews, but can't decide if hoi an beach is worth the extra money?( family room available at 1st , not 2nd)Any assistance from someone who has seen both.we will be taking 2 active teenagers...............cath

HN
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

Dear grumphy,

palm garden resort is best choice now for all reasons

HN
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

hi everybody!

i have just backed from golden sand resort hoi an. many people are talking about big problem internal relation and serious strike there.

bad service was happened and staffs may be treated terribly so they feel unhappy working.

But finally i founded palm is quite good and reasonable budget to stay.

cheers

GuangXi
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

There are labour rumblings at several of the larger resorts in the Hoi An area where front desk clerks collect an average USD$50/month for a 30-day workday month.

Inflation has hit VietNam and Hoi An is currently being 'upgraded' so that only 'fat wallets' will be able to afford to stay there in the near future.

A new development on An Hoi Island (islet) is charging USD$120 for a 'cottage' in a development that faces the sea on one side, shanty construction on two other sides and hawkers on the fourth.

That's ignoring the fact that the water is still running high as is witnessed by a bulldozer that is partly submerged in the river.

I have photographs of every hotel and guesthouse in Hoi An so if you want to know what any property within Hoi An city limits looks like, drop me a message.

brisbane australia
Level Contributor
358 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hoi An beach resort vs Golden Sands Resort

We to are looking at Hoi An Beach Resort. by the sound of it the River Views are worth going for - my sister still raves 2 years later about the views from her room at the Riverside Resort (I think that is the name), Have you looked at Dong An? I know the photos of the beach look beautiful but is it? Is the beach better here or in Nha Trang? (So many questions, so little time)!!