We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive place to stay in Hoi An

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Hempstead, NY
4 posts
Save Topic
Inexpensive place to stay in Hoi An

I spent the month of July in Vietnam, two weeks of which was in Hoi An. I stayed at the Phu Thinh 2 Hotel, 488 Cua Dai Street. The staff was tremendous, the rooms were clean and the cost was low. A room over looking the garden and pool was $25US a night including breakfast. Their other rooms were $18US. The pool is clean and quite new, the grounds are landscaped and they grow there own vegetables. The location is about a 1/2 mile east of the "Old Town" and on the main road that leads to the beaches, which are about 1and a 1/2 miles to the east. I found the restaurant to be very inexpensive and the food quite good. They also have an airport pick-up from Da Nang for $10US.

I am a 65 year old Veteran who has been there five times and look forward to going again next year. The lady who owns the hotel is allways there and will take care of any problems that might arise. She is a pleasure to chat with as well.

BMT, Central...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive place to stay in Hoi An

Even USD$18 is hardly inexpensive in Hoi An; the taxi rate is the standard charge, too.

West Hempstead, NY
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive place to stay in Hoi An

hi selling nothing- $18US might be expensive for indigenous persons but I don't think its to much of a burden for those from more industrialized nations. Your getting a very clean hotel with a pool and breakfast. Even with the tax I still think its a bargain.

london
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive place to stay in Hoi An

...had a look. Great! Spacious view to the piscine and the paddy field. Get deal from 18$..Bit far from the old quarter why i didn't in..

4. Re: Inexpensive place to stay in Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 22, 2009