We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam holiday help!

Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam holiday help!

Hi,

I am 20 yrs old and a group of myself and 4 friends are goin to vietnam for 2wks in january. If anyone can assist me with where to go, what to do, etc. it would be much appreciated.

We are thinkin maybe over a wk in nga trang then maybe up to hoi an then to ho chi minh city for a couple of days but we know nothing about anywhere.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

BMT, Central...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam holiday help!

Your plans are a little vague.

Are you wanting to purchase clothes in Hoi An? If so, plan on three days here for measuring, manufacture and fitting. There are some good beaches here, as well.

Try getting flights (Thai International / PB Air / Silk Air) and land at DA NANG, then take a 30 minute bus ride to Hoi An.

Book an overnight RAIL trip from Da Nang to NHA TRANG (book in Hoi An, leave from Da Nang) - this will save time and hotel money.

Nha Trang is sun, sand and beach - and you might be interested in heading south to MUI NI (by bus) where there is one hell of lot more sand, and sun + sea.

Mui Ni is about 3.5-4 hours from HCMC by bus.

HCMC deserves 3 days - and you should visit The War Remnants Museum at a minimum - as you will learn the message of the futility of war. There is also the night life and the food.

This trip will require an OPENJAW ticket (very normal here) and this can be bought through a Travel Agent rather than an on-line operation (who can't do multi-segment flghts).

2. Re: Vietnam holiday help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 pm, September 04, 2006
Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam holiday help!

Thanks both of you for that!!!!

plans are a little vague..basically flying into HCMC then had planned to go to nha trang but do u think Mui ne (sorry forgot how its spelt!) is better?? is their nightlife at either place?? also hoi an seems a fair way from the other places i mentioned, is it definately worth the trip bcoz i have heard it is?? altho we are not interested in having clothes made, just general shopping, swimming, drinking, etc!

Thanks

Seal Beach, CA
Level Contributor
519 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam holiday help!

Slk,

You are young and probably would like to party a little bit. Hoi An is NOT for you. There is no night life. It is dead after 9 PM. There is about 30-40 ex-pats hanging around Tam Tam bar and the one in front of it every night. Nha Trang is more fun with beaches and a few more interesting thing to do. Saigon is probably a lot more interesting with many choices of food and bars.

Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam holiday help!

ok thanks thats what i thought actually..we were only guna do hoi an f a few days to shop anyway so we can party elseware...! but u reccommend nga trang do u? coz ive heard mixed reviews?! do u have any good ideas for accommodation? also (haha more qu's!) do u know much about mui ni??

thanks so much!!

Seal Beach, CA
Level Contributor
519 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam holiday help!

Slk918,

Stay at Asia Paradise hotel for about 35 US/night for double room. Book direct or through travel agency. It is one short block ( 100 m ) from the beach.

www.asiaparadisehotel.com

Do not worry about price posted. Just write directly and they will give you the price that I mentioned. Since you have 5 ( odd number) I recommend getting a deluxe room with 2 beds. Tell them you want room that end with 10 ( i.e. 410,510) for 48 US/night. They MIGHT charge you slightly more for 3 ( 10 US extra is reasonable). This rate include ABF and taxes.

Sailing Club is within walking distance ( 500 m). Lots of bar and restaurant on same street of hotel. Look for coupons that they passed out daily. Sailing club is probably suitable for you because there are a boat load of OZ tourist. If you read some of the post that I wrote earlier. You will find some good restaurants to eat.

Mui Ne is over rated for me but you might want to try it. Some other posters will give you better advise than I because I have not been there for a long time ( 10 years).

Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam holiday help!

ok thanks for that. il look into the asia paradise. its just so confusing sometimes coz ive read reviews on asia paradise that are good, then others that include 'definately not a paradise' haha

guess il just have to find out for myself!

ok so there are bars an things that sounds good. do u have any other suggestions of areas to visit, coz we're thinkin nga trang maybe hoi an and obviously HCMC?

thanks!

Hanoi Vietnam
Level Contributor
963 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vietnam holiday help!

Sik,

I recently stayed in suite in Asia Paradise and I agree it is a good hotel.

There is a nice little rooftop pool bar i found to be an ideal environment for a G & T around sunset.

I wish I was there now.

Martin

9. Re: Vietnam holiday help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 20, 2009