We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hit me with Hoi An anything :D

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
hit me with Hoi An anything :D

World's best procrastinator here.

Just mindlessly booked myself a flight to hoi an 6 hours ago.. gonna be arriving at bout 10am today.

I'm traveling alone and have 3 nights there! Gonna be putting up at The Earth Villa. Completely clueless about where and what to see. Love anything from cultural sites to beaches to markets, etc.

Pls hit me up with the absolute must - do and see list! Also helpful tips or what - nots. Any help will be greatly appreciated :D

THANK YOU ALL ♡

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hit me with Hoi An anything :D

In my opinion Hoi An is a place just to go and enjoy. I never go visit any of the sights, although there apparently are some to see. During the day sit by the river and enjoy a Vietnamese ice coffee - at night walk along the river and see all the amazing lanterns. Lunch time go to Madam Khanh the Banh Mi Queen. Dinner get a taxi to An Bang Beach for great seafood. Get yourself a bicycle to ride around on it's quite safe in the old town. Just enjoy.

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hit me with Hoi An anything :D

Try looking at the very top of this page...it may be of some help!

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hit me with Hoi An anything :D

Thank you!!!

I have just got here in the afternoon and went to the old town already. Took some pretty pictures by the river and saw the charming buildings, had dinner at morning glory restaurant and coffee at a random cafe before that.

Gonna be jogging the other way to the beach tme morning to hopefully catch the sun rise! :D and of course book myself a cooking class or food trip at least.

I love this little town already

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hit me with Hoi An anything :D

The Original Taste of Hoi An food tour is a must, riding a bicycle around town, love this town also, my favourite in Vietnam (well what I only saw in 16 days!)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hit me with Hoi An anything :D

You should try the free bicycle tour by uni students

http://www.hoianfreetour.com/

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hit me with Hoi An anything :D

hi!

I think you should try to eat chicken rice of Ms. Buoi (22 Phan Chu Trinh street), it is an amazing food ever. you should go to Cua Dai beach too, it is one of the most beautiful beach of VN

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hit me with Hoi An anything :D

Yeah, Hoi An chicken rice is one of Vietnam's best dishes.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
321 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hit me with Hoi An anything :D

Some of our fav things were:

Cooking class at baby mustard

Hire electric bike and go thru rice fields, town, hop on a ferry and go wherever it takes you (with bike)

- leave the map behind and just explore

9. Re: hit me with Hoi An anything :D

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 23, 2015