We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

Hi all, I'm trying to find somewhere to stay in Hoi An for our second honeymoon ( I got sick on our first honeymoon so we thought we should try and take another). I'm overwhelmed by all the options but would like recommendations on somewhere close to town, with a pool, and maybe a bit of luxury ;) budget wise $180pn max.

Thanks for your help!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

Vinh Hung Riverside Resort short walk to town. River view bungalow big and luxurious and well within your budget. Nice pool, good breakfast, and afternoon farmers market in the grounds from 4 until 5 each day.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

I think Anan tara would fit your description perfectly- fabulous place

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

Thank you! We have looked at both of those... What about Essence? Thinking of either one of them.. Anatara is most expensive but is it worth the extra?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

I know the reviews for Essence are very good but you are comparing apples with oranges.

essence is a hotel. And I'm not sure it has a pool.

Anantara is a resort in beautiful huge gardens set on the river and has a huge pool

I haven't stayed at Essence so I can't speak for it but I've stayed at Anantara and everything was gorgeous.

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

Anantara is only a few minute walk from the pedestrianized area. We had dinner there. Massive portions and excellent service.

We stayed by the sea, 5km from the town centre. We didn't find the distance any problem at all. The free hotel shuttle bus was frequent and the taxi fare was cheap.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
862 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

Essence has a pool.

I'd be tempted to wait to book your hotel. There are a few new hotels due to open in the coming months that would suit your needs and price range - The Hotel Royale (part of the Accor boutique M Collection Hotels) near the river and Fusion groups Al La Carte (the one in Da Nang is already open and is a knockout). Both should be open by Septembers high season this year and you'll probably get a good price booking early.

I stayed in the M Collections L'Opera in Ha Noi, it's absolutely incredible.

I've also stayed at Anantara Hoi An - nice, but I don't think it makes a WOW honeymoon hotel. The Essence is lovely but is quite often booked up with tour groups..

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
894 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

Villa hoa su although not close to town is beautiful and great for a honeymoon. It has only a handful of rooms and about 15 minutes walk to town or approx $2 in taxi. Check out the website it is different to the big hotels and we loved our stay there.i am surprised it is not rated higher.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

Essence hotel & Spa is nice. It has pool but it's not too big. The service is really good.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite at the Essence for out Honeymoon. Small pool, excellent room, excellent everything else. 60,000 dong taxi ride to old town or a 10-15 min walk.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
327 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel/resort close to town for honeymoon

I would recommend Vinh Hung Emerald or Anantara depending on price you are happy to pay. Both are located on the river so nice views and relaxing honeymoon feel about them.

Anantara is quite expensive but Vinh Hung Emerald is really good value for money - ask for Emerald Suite with river view - very comfortable rooms - short walk into town - good pool bar and nice gardens. You can't go wrong really.

Get answers to your questions about Hoi An