We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

Florida
Level Contributor
431 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

We will be staying in either Hoi An or DaNang and I would like to know which city has more 'things to do' for day trips. We enjoy motorbikes, bicycling, nice scenery. NO SHOPPING and NO more temples. It appears HoiAn is sleepy and DaNang is primarily the beach. I have seen SaPa and Hanoi. I am trying to locate a place for Jan or Feb time frame. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong cities all together.............

What do you suggest?

Thank you-

Precious Heritage by Rehahn
Art Galleries, Art Museums
Hoi An Night Market
Flea & Street Markets
Cotic
Art Galleries, Art Museums, History Museums
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

Hi,

I think Da Nang is much attractive and more activities than Hoi An. You can take a motorbike or cycling tour in Da Nang for discovery this beautiful destination.

Nice Trip!

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

Just depends what you're interested in. Check the "to do" activities for each city at the top of the page and see what excites you.

3. Re: Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, June 16, 2014
4. Re: Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, June 16, 2014
jacksonville
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

January is still a little cold in my book. February - May is much better, DaNang is a business city and HoiAn is a tourist city. motorbikes are illegal if you don't have a Vietnamese License, bicycling can be done in and around HoiAn, nice scenery is in the eye of the beholder.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

You can try them both biking from Hoi An to Da nang or vice versa. There are a variety of outdoor activities of your favorite to do in both cities and along the way. Hoi An is sleepy if you just wander around in the city center. Ask local people or search for "things to do" in these 2 places and you won't have enough time and energy to explore them all.

Good luck!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,663 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

Hoi An & Da Nang are very close to each other approx. 40mins. If you have a bike then you can easily do day trips from wherever u decide to stay. My preference is Hoi An as I'm not a great fan of Da Nang but that's only my taste. !

Hoi An - Attractions - Old Town (no motor bikes but u don't need them anyway). Thanha Ha / Cam Kim Island / Cua Dai Beach /

You could also consider driving to Hue & Bach Ma National Park.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

I think Hoi An nice for relaxing, you can take motobike or bycle go around in the countryside Hoi An, Cam Thanh.

good luck!

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

I love Da Nang more because i've had 4 years to study there. But for your favourite, i think Hoi An is better. Cause if you ride Bicycle around Da Nang, you just enjoy beach and crowded road. In Hoi An, you can relax by riding around countryside, beach, ancient town. You also rent a motorbike to Da Nang and visit Son Tra, Hai Van pass.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
329 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trips from Hoi An or DaNang?

It depends of course what you are looking for and how long you are going for - I think I would recommend you try Hoi An - Danang is more westernised and much busier, so good if you do want to shop (which you don't). Hoi An is quiet but there are lots of nice things to do in and around and great places to eat etc.

If you have the time, look at spending some time in Hue as well - they are both just really nice relaxing places to go and well located for day trips if you want to do those. You can cycle around both towns or just walk easily - legally you cannot hire motorbikes (no insurance cover) but you can do day trips with a car and driver.