We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Hoi An

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
242 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Hoi An

Hi after HCMC I'm looking to spend a couple of weeks relaxing with a little sightseeing & have been advised to look at Hoi An. Looking for advice is this the place to stay. Grateful for any suggestions on hotels near the beach (fairly basic -as I want to be on the beach most of the day). I will be a mid age solo female.

I intend to travel mid March - hope the weather will be hot!

Thanks

Edited: 3:15 am, May 05, 2014
Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Hoi An

Can't recommend An Bang Seaside Village Homestay enough. The staff are so friendly, it felt safe, is right on the beach, and a great way to interact with the locals. Loved it.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Hoi An

Hey boo5

I love Hoi an and will arrive there in 48 hours, but to spend 2 weeks on the same beach in such an amazing country would drive me nuts. There are also beautiful beaches in Nha trang, Mui ne (Ham tien) and Phu quoc which if combined with Cua dai (Hoi an) could offer a wonderful holiday. IMO.

Mark

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in Hoi An

I agree with Mark...2 weeks are more than enough for HoiAn, especially when your whole trip is 3 weeks (5 days in HCMC) Anyways you are going to HCMC...why don't you try Mui Ne and Phu Quoc...they are easily accessible from HCMC...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks in Hoi An

I disagree with both the comments that 2 weeks are too long... 2 weeks are not too long at all.

- Hoian is easy to navigate- there are plenty of things to do should you want to do them. and plenty of time to relax at the beach.

You could consider the An Bang Seaside Village as above, and I know many people who absolutely love this place, but I feel you could be a little bit away from everything because of your bad knee- you'd have to take taxis every time you wanted to go anywhere. however, I believe it is a really lovely place to stay.

You could consider the River Beach Resort which has it's own private beach just across the road from the resort and is in a better location for you than the An Bang Village in my opinion.

You've asked for basic accommodation but haven't given your budget. that might give a better indication of what you're looking for.

I also went to have a look at the Sea Star Homestay when I was in Hoian last year and it is the most gorgeous little hotel, with beautiful rooms and bathrooms and is fairly inexpensive

.http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g298082-d5207522-Reviews-Sea_Star_Homestay-Hoi_An_Quang_Nam_Province.html\

great location with lots of little restaurants and shops close by

another alternative would be the Sea and Sand Hotel tripadvisor.com.au/…REVIEWS

lots of little shops and restaurants close by and fairly easy to get a taxi into Hoian Town as this resort is on Cua Dai Road

when in town, it will be very easy for you to get a cyclo to take you everywhere you want to go in town, if your knee doesn't allow you to walk too far.

Edited: 9:45 pm, May 05, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks in Hoi An

Thank you so much for the list of places to stay I will check them out, I am Pretty set on staying in Hoi An for about 2 weeks as I don't want to over do my knee & am sure there is enough for me to see over the course of my stay taking things slowly.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 weeks in Hoi An

For mid March, it's not really hot but it's ok for swimming. 2 weeks are so long for Hoi An and you should not miss out somewhere.

_An Bang beach and Cua Dai Beach: some one say that An Bang beach is better but you can enjoy both because it's not far away. You can try local sea food there.

_Tra Que vegetable village is wonderful if you want to be a farmer here. The ticket is 1 USD.

_Cam Kim village, you should join Hoi An Free Tour with local volunteer students. You just pay 2,5 usd for ferry fee and small support for local people.

_Hoi An ancient town in early morning and night.

_Cham island. I'm not sure in mid march it's nice or not

_Cooking class to make local food.

_My Son Holy Land if you love history.

You should spend 2 days in Huế and 2 days in Đà Nẵng.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 weeks in Hoi An

Actually Maz,

My comment was only a brief after offering advice on another of Boo's posts indicating options for someone with a crook knee to get the most out of Vietnam. My suggestions were aimed at anybody traveling with an injury although the OP has obviously decided to stay put in Hoi an, Cua dai, An bang etc ... I love Hoi an and will be there in less than 24 hours but if we can't offer options/advice, then there is no point to this forum. IMHO :-)

Mark

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 weeks in Hoi An

.<<<.. I love Hoi an and will be there in less than 24 hours but if we can't offer options/advice, then there is no point to this forum. IMHO :-) >>>>

I agree.....

hope you have a great holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 weeks in Hoi An

hoianfoodtour - you say that from mid March " it's not really hot but it's ok for swimming" - how hot will it be - I am hoping to lay on the beach & get a wonderful tan!!!

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,706 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 weeks in Hoi An

boo58, there is a substantial difference between what the Vietnamese consider hot (and cold) and what we in the UK do.

Believe me, upon arriving in HCMC from London in mid March you're going to feel very hot indeed, and even though Hoi An might be a few degrees cooler than HCMC, that will be purely relative and a shiver will not most certainly not pass through your body.

Bring a high factor sun screen with you - a wonderful tan be costly in health terms.