We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Damage to beach in Hoi An

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Damage to beach in Hoi An

Staying at the Sunrise hotel in Hoi An in early February and have seen on trip advisor that there is no beach there now because of the typhoon, does anyone know if this is the case? Also has anyone stayed recently and could recommend another hotel where there is still some beach left. Many thanks

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
26 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Damage to beach in Hoi An

hi BuntyNorwich

Don't know if your post refers specifically to the beach at the Sunrise hotel ....... I am currently in Hoi An and staying very close to the Cua Dai beach and the beach here is just fine :)

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
828 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Damage to beach in Hoi An

The Sunrise has been fighting coastal erosion since it opened. The beach there is sand bagged. To the left of the resort however, there is a beautiful sandy cove that guests have access to.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Damage to beach in Hoi An

Yes thanks for that info, I was referring to the beach at Sunrise resort Hoi An but glad to here there is some beach nearby

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Damage to beach in Hoi An

Thank you, is the cove not too far to walk?

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Damage to beach in Hoi An

It's very near. You can walk slowly for 10 mins

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
828 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Damage to beach in Hoi An

Hi Bunty Norwich, So was I. The beach at the Sunrise resort Hoi An is very small and sandbagged most of the year. The cove is just to the left of the hotel and there is a path from the resort directly on to it - a one minute stroll.

The cove I am talking about is large and sits between the Sunrise and the Golden Sands Resort next door.

I think the other poster is referring to the public Cua Dai beach which is a rather long ten minute walk from the Sunrise.

7. Re: Damage to beach in Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 06, 2015