We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi Ann or Nha trang

Brisbane, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Hoi Ann or Nha trang

Hi,

My partner and I are thinking of honeymooning in veitnam, we are after a beach relaxing holiday where we can also shop and expereince the culture and lots of restraunts we are going in April 2014 we have been looking at staying near Hoi but a bit out of town so we can be on the beach we have found the sands and the sunrise resorts?

Would you reccomend this or would Nha Trang suit us better?

any info would be appreciated

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoi Ann or Nha trang

Hoi An is MUCH nicer than Nha Trang. Much more history & culture, better for dining/shopping, beach is cleaner. Would recommend either Victoria Hoi An or, for a slightly lower budget, Hoi An Beach Resort.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
572 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoi Ann or Nha trang

I would vote for Hoi Ann as well if it's your honeymoon. NT is packed with tourists and I think you'll have a better time relaxing in Hoi Ann along with the food, shopping, cultures, scenery, and beaches.

Brisbane, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoi Ann or Nha trang

Thanks for that advise! Hoi an it is then,

the Victoria seems to be all booked we will be choosing from the Sunrise or palm garden resort anyone had experiences here?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoi Ann or Nha trang

We stayed at the Palm Garden resort two years ago. Lovely pool and beach area and the rooms were a good size and nice and clean. Had a great time, the staff were so very helpful when Jetstar cancelled our flights and we had to re-book with Vietnam Airlines. No complaints at all, they went above and beyond. For the price, I thought it was excellent value.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoi Ann or Nha trang

I'd take Palm Garden over Sunrise. Sunrise is a bit out on a limb with a half-built resort next door & a mediocre strip of beach.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,259 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoi Ann or Nha trang

Totally agree with Timmyruss - you want Hoi An

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,748 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoi Ann or Nha trang

Nha Trang is far superior. :)

Hanoi, Vietnam
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoi Ann or Nha trang

Cua Dai beach in Hoi An city: there're many many nice resorts on beach.

Nha Trang beach in Nha Trang city: there're many many nice resorts on beach, too.

However, the beach in Nha Trang city is nicer than the beach in Hoi An city.

If you have 5-7 days, you can stay both cities.

9. Re: Hoi Ann or Nha trang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 22, 2014