We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy wine in Hoi An

Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy wine in Hoi An

I will be travelling to Hoi An at the end of October & would like to know if there is anywhere I can purchase wine (apart from a restaraunt)?

Also, what are the average prices of wine in Vietnam?

Thank you

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy wine in Hoi An

There are wine shops in the town.Vietnamese wine is very cheap and imported wine is around the same price as the UK

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
49 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy wine in Hoi An

Vietnamese wine is not from grapes and almost not drinkable (I am trying to zip the red one in my Hanoi hotel at the moment) . The white wine was even worse and does resamble a wine only by colour. Avoid, if you can. Will be in Hoi An tomorrow and let you know the exact situation.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,749 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy wine in Hoi An

"Vietnamese wine is not from grapes and almost not drinkable"

Dalat wine is made from grapes and there are many vineyards in the region. As for being drinkable, a lot depends on how much you pay. You really can't expect to find a drinkable wine for $2-3 a bottle, but there are some very good Dalat reds at the $7-10 mark.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy wine in Hoi An

If you're going for a reasonable red, try the Dalat labeled "Premium". You can actually drink it. Runs a bit over $5 a bottle but not bad.

But high end wines from many countries are available in larger food stores. In Nha Trang, there are many outlets that actually store the wine bottles on their side rather than upright. Good luck and Happy travels!

Richard

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
49 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy wine in Hoi An

So I checked - chilean wines start from 280 000 VND and better New Zealanders from 400 000 VND , more then one store in old town. All other liqeurs also available - you shouldn't worry.

I still don't think Dalat wine is drinkable. Maybe, but then not as a wine but just alcohol.

Edited: 11:29 am, October 10, 2013
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy wine in Hoi An

For all the lovers of the alleged 5-Star Windsor Plaza hotel in Dist. 5, Dalat "Premium" is what they serve in their Executive Lounge. I've contested the hotel's rating of 5-Stars, and I've also stated the majority of hotels in Vietnam give themselves one more star than they're worth, so perhaps the better Dalat wine is overrated as well. It's drinkable but not 5-Stars. Regards,

Richard

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy wine in Hoi An

Dalat "Excellence" is also drinkable but a little sweeter in my mind. It's harder to find and a bit more expensive but still under $10. Here's a link to their "Excellence" product:

en.dalatwine.vn/san-pham/1/11/vang-dalat.html

Regards,

Richard

Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy wine in Hoi An

Thank you very much for sharing the information-much appreciated. Are the liquor stores easy to locate?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
821 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to buy wine in Hoi An

You will easily find wine Most mixed business or mini mart shops will have something. If you want to go fancy nancy there's a wine bar/shop near the river on Le Loi. If you're down at Cua Dai beach the A1 Mart is the place to go.

10. Re: Where to buy wine in Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:57 am, November 03, 2013
Edited: 5:57 am, November 03, 2013