We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Hoi An

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Beaches in Hoi An

Hallo everyone!

I was planning a trip back to Hoi An. I have heard that beaches at Sunrise Resort, Golden Sand Resort and others are now not nice at all. People put many concrete constructions, bags of sand to prevent the beach from the invasion of the waves. Is it true? If you have already stayed at those resorts in recent times, please share with me and I much appreciate for that!

Emelie

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in Hoi An

there are still plenty of great beach areas in HoiAn- Cua Dai where you can find all the beach restaurants - An Bang you can find beautiful beach plus all the restaurants

Victoria, Palm Garden, Boutique HoiAn and Nam Hai all still have absolutely wonderful beaches.

when are you planning your trip back? which month?

Edited: 11:08 pm, August 06, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in Hoi An

Thanks to Maz! It is probably by end of this month August. Is there any new something special in Hoi An now? Hope weather will be good then.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in Hoi An

there are a lot of new restaurants and cafes

it's still as beautiful as ever in hoian and I am sure you will have a great time

Level Contributor
35 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in Hoi An

We thought the beach outside of Hoi An was a worthy sidetrip, especially considering how hot it is in town. My suggestion would be to bike over for the morning/afternoon, and then head back to Hoi An for the evening when it's cooler. There's nothing in town that you can only appreciate during the day.

Trip report with tips here: erohisms.com/the-ancient-cities-and-deliciou…

Geelong
Level Contributor
425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches in Hoi An

Can you see tropical fish at these beaches????

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches in Hoi An

no- no tropical fish in fact I barely see any tiny fish at all in the shallow water

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches in Hoi An

Great trip report Rob and Lina! Really enjoyed reading it!

Thanks for the tips and great pictures, can not wait to visit Vietnam myself!

Tilburg
Level Contributor
79 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches in Hoi An

It is so nice to read your blog, Rob and Lina! The pictures are amazing and I will keep your advices in mind when visiting Vietnam in September. Thanks for sharing!

9. Re: Beaches in Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 14, 2014