We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An Hotels in August...should we pre-book

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangers35
3 posts
Save Topic
Hoi An Hotels in August...should we pre-book

Hey Guys,

I am looking for some insider info here regarding prebooking hotels in Hoi An in mid August. I am travelling with my Wife and two small daughters.

We are staying with a mate of our in HCM and have not yet penciled in dates to fly to Da Nang, but lets assume its the 9th of August.

We will be staying for around a week, and ideally need a pretty family friendly, high quality beach resort.

My mate (who is an Aussie living in HCM) is of the opinion that we should simply hop an early flight on the day and book a hotel when we arrive. He believes that by doing so, we will get the best possible rate for our stay. (In is view - around $100 USD per night for something to accommodate all of us)

In the meantime I have began researching hotels and have formed the view that we should be expected to pay around $300 USD per night should we prebook.

Can anyone provide some insight?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoi An Hotels in August...should we pre-book

you will definitely get into one of the lovely resorts- but, if you are very specific then you should pre-book. August is pretty busy.

for $100 or less, you'd need to look at River Beach, Hoi An Beach, Boutique Hoi An and sometimes they offer Palm Garden for $97.

$300 or more sounds way too high unless you are thinking about one of the bungalows on the beach at say Palm Garden

2. Re: Hoi An Hotels in August...should we pre-book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:36 am, June 03, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoi An Hotels in August...should we pre-book

and exactly what has your post - Paul P - got to do with the OP's question? (or on the other thread which you've copied your exact same post)

looks like you are trying to cleverly recommend the last of your tailoring options -

Renmark, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoi An Hotels in August...should we pre-book

Hi I have just returned from Hoi An and I think you should book we stayed at the Hoi An Beach Resort not far from town USD $85 up breakfast.

5. Re: Hoi An Hotels in August...should we pre-book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 05, 2014