We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Hoi An

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
First time to Hoi An

Hi travellers,

My family are going on our first ever family holiday, all of us adults except one 14 year old, and the travel consultant has suggested 7 days Hoi An and 3 days Ho Chi Minh. We are going end of Dec to early Jan. Any info would be great!

What is the weather like?

What about western new years eve?

Beaches to visit?

I'd like to see the villages and rice fields and what not, so where?

What is there to see other than all the congregation halls?

What tours and day trips do you suggest?

robina
Level Contributor
150 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time to Hoi An

Hi sundumb

If you would like to contact us via email would be more than happy to help with any info u need

Cheers rob and Wendy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time to Hoi An

Google Hoi An Kids.....free tours,we did the island one,fabulous.And My Son at sunrise tour and boat back was great.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,892 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First time to Hoi An

I recommend staying in the center of Hoi An so you can explore the village at ease. To get to the beach, just rent a bike and go - it's all level ground.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First time to Hoi An

Hi,

I loved the sound of the bike tour with the university kids. How did you arrange that? Did you approach the university direct?

Thanks.

Jane

robina
Level Contributor
150 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: First time to Hoi An

Hoi An Free Tour

is run by local university student community who offer free bicycle tour to unexplored countryside in Hoi An such as Kim Bong Village, Tra Que Vegetable Village and Cam Thanh Water Coconut Palm Village. The only benefit for volunteer students is that they get a chance to practice their English language skills and promote cultural exchange. This is two way learning experience for both visitors and hosts!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
843 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: First time to Hoi An

We just left Hoi an today and had sunshine for two days and overcast the last day. The locals said they hadn't seen sunshine for a month until the day we arrived. We stayed 3 nights. I was happy with that length of time. Maybe 4 would be good but not more than that. That's just us though. Our hotel had free bicycles and we used them to explore the villages close by and there are rice paddys all around Hoi An. It was a highlight of the trip. Have you looked at going to the Mekong Delta or Halong Bay instead of HCMC? We loved our Halong Bay cruise and would highly recommend it. It is one of the most beautiful places we've ever seen and we got to go kayaking all around the,islands too. We actually went on New Years Eve and it was fantastic. We went on the Dragon Pearl junk. We were very lucky with the weather in Halong Bay and it was sunny. It can be cold at that time of year so you have to be prepared for that. Good luck

Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: First time to Hoi An

Hi Rob,

interested in your talk of the locals offering cycling tours. where did you come across them? where they hanging around the hotel or what?

Edited: 8:41 pm, January 05, 2014
18. Re: First time to Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, January 06, 2014
19. Re: First time to Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 07, 2015