We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

may/june

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Topic
may/june

hope to do vietnam next year is the weather ok may/june many thanks

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: may/june

The weather will be fine as it is early summer. It is quite hot and humid with short downpours. May & June is ideal for beach time.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: may/june

Hey Baz,

Will be there again next week. The weather is supposed to be great but if not, I won't worry. All part of the experience.

Check out this website for a bit more weather info. Very helpful for planning your trip.

www.owee58.com

Mark

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: may/june

thanks heaps be our first time but as you say all part of the experience do you think hoi an is a good place to base ourselves....

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: may/june

Hoi an is great IMO but it depends what you are looking for. Give a couple of clues about budget, need to sees etc... and you will fine tune your trip. Are you planning to visit anywhere else??? How long do you have??

Enjoy the planning Baz,

Mark

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,021 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: may/june

In Viet Nam you can't really base yourselves anywhere as it's a long country, over 1000km. Hoi An would be like basing yourself in Carnarvon to see WA, or in Brisbane to see the east cost. Be prepared to move around a bit.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: may/june

Sheath will have 4 weeks...budget isnt really a problem love the beach and exploring we are both keen motorbike riders will have our 10yr old son with us...what would you suggest....maybe a week at a time in certain areas....im really confused...we all love culture...any tips greatly appreciated...cheers

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: may/june

Baz,

4 weeks is a great amount of time to explore Vn. As Yorky says, you dont need to base out of anywhere as you will be moving all the time due to the length of the country. That is the beauty of the place. I will give you my thoughts in a nutshell as I need my beauty sleep before getting on a plane in the a.m and heading to Vietnam again. The regulars will help you fine tune your trip. Ok.

Hanoi, Halong bay and Sapa will take 8 or 9 days. Hue, Hoi an, dalat and or Nha trang another 10ish. Mui ne is between Nha trang and HCMC but if you like a laid back beach experience, go there. From HCMC you must do the Mekong for a couple of days then head from can tho to Phu quoc for R & R at the end of the trip before flying back to HCMC then home.

This is only my opinion so take on board other suggestions and you will fine tune a trip of a life time.

Enjoy your planning Baz, it will be worth it.

Mark

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: may/june

thankyou so much enjoy your trip...your advice is much appreciated i can certainly make some solid plans now....looking forward to exploring over there cant wait once again many thanks

9. Re: may/june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 04, 2014