We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hoi an tailors

Bath UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
hoi an tailors

Seen lots of advice re getting mens suits made in Hoi An but no indication of average price asked and actually what is reasonable to offer/ pay. I appreciate this will vary but want a slim fit good quality cloth dark grey suit similar to Hugo Boss.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hoi an tailors

When I made a traditional dress of Viet Nam for my gf (her height is 1m55, weight is 60 kg): áo dài.I have to pay 800,000 VND for it in HCMC :) But super beautiful

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hoi an tailors

Average price is from 1 million VND - 4 million VND for 1 dress, not cheap, but great quality.

rotterdam, Holland
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hoi an tailors

It's all depending on your size and the quality of the fabric.

The shop I go to everytime I visit Hoi An was asking me the last time $140 for my suit and my size is a LARGE and I always go for the best fabric they have.

The quality is fantastic and that is why I always going back to this shop for the last 7 or 8 years.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,062 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hoi an tailors

Ah hello Johan, he wants a suit not a dress.

We got slim fits made for our sons (using measurements taken before we left home) and a comfy fit for me at Ao baba Tailors. They were great and we have worn them plenty with no problems. They ranged from $70 - $100 but you can get a better quality fabric for more.

Mark

Bath UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hoi an tailors

Thanks to you all much appreciated...any advice as to best tailor also appreciated..

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hoi an tailors

Just look in the forum search for Mr Xe and you can read all the comments and see his address.. this is who we use and have always been happy

Bath UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hoi an tailors

Again many thanks. I have noticed a large number of answers to a similar question (that I missed as I'm a blind old coot) and they mentioned Mr Xe as well. Will look him up in addition to some of the other 599..........

8. Re: hoi an tailors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 19, 2014