We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An, Hue and Quy Nhon

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hoi An, Hue and Quy Nhon

Hi All,

My husband and I are heading back to Vietnam this year, it will be our third visit in 3 years! As you can tell, we love the place. Our first visit we did HCMC and Nha Trang, last year we did Hanoi, Halong Bay and Phu Quoc. This year we would like to do Central Vietnam.

We have a total of 13 nights available to us, I was thinking of 3 nights in Hue, 5 in Hoi An and 5 in Quy Nhon (actually looking at Haven Vietnam, a well rated guesthouse in a small fishing village south of town) I have done a lot of the "touristy" things in Vietnam and am really looking forward to experiencing a less cliche stay. We are still considering going back to Phu Quoc as I am concerned about the weather in that area as we are there in October, Is there enough to keep us busy in Hoi An for 5 nights?

Does anyone have any ideas or opinions regarding Quy Nhon or our itinerary in general??

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
My Son Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Phat Tire Ventures
Sightseeing Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Bike Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours
S Hoi An Motorbike Tour
Cultural Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Cactus Tours - "Love of Life" Bicycle Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,891 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoi An, Hue and Quy Nhon

October is possibly the worst time to visit that Hue/Hoi An/ Quy Nhon, there is a strong likelihood of heavy rain and flooding, especially in Hoi An.

Edited: 10:03 pm, January 30, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoi An, Hue and Quy Nhon

Thanks YorfFoodie, I thought the same thing however I have friends who were there October last year on not a drop of rain did they see! It is a risk I know....

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,891 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoi An, Hue and Quy Nhon

It is indeed- have a look at this rainfall chart:

http://www.holidaycheck.com/climate-wetter_Hoi+An-ebene_oid-id_7323.html

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoi An, Hue and Quy Nhon

If you want to do less cliche things on your visit, I would suggest spending more time in Hue and less time in Hoi Ań. I am currently in Hoi Ań now and it has lost it's authentic Vietnamese charm. The streets of old town are filled with tailors, souviner shops, and children who are trying to get you to buy candles to float into the river. There are no longer and mom "restaurants" that specialize in one bowl of noodle soup. "Old town" isn't so old anymore as all the restaurants have chalk boards with happy hour messages.

5. Re: Hoi An, Hue and Quy Nhon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, February 02, 2013
6. Re: Hoi An, Hue and Quy Nhon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 04, 2014