We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips For Hoi An

Bury, manchester
Level Contributor
88 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Tips For Hoi An

We (wife and i) are off to Hoi An on the 27th, Staying at the Boutique Hoi An. We have read the books and studied the forum. But to you seasoned Vietnam travellers what two or three things are your must dos' in and around Hoi An - if its a bit further afield try us!. We are NOT going to be buying shoes or using tailors and i dont need any specs. Thanks in advance to all who take the trouble.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tips For Hoi An

Embrace this beautiful ancient town, walk, relax and eat.

Fred's advice sounds good.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,760 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tips For Hoi An

Love Love Loved Hoi An.

We got back 1 week ago and it's now my most favourite place.

5 nights was not nearly enough !

Yes walk and wander and wander and walk.

Embrace the beautiful old town, marvel at the buildings, people watch...shop, eat and wander some more.

It's wonderful, just take it all in.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tips For Hoi An

Just looking at booking Hoi An now for, I think, September, hoping this will be a good month???? Anyway, want to stay somewhere in Hoi An close to the activity in a nice hotel, not too upmarket, but with maybe a balcony to watch the world go by and in a nice position. Any suggestions from those who have been there recently, either stayed at a place or spied something they thought looked good for next time. Looking to stay for perhaps five nights.

Much appreciated, Caz.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tips For Hoi An

stay tuned Caz- I will post details of a new and very good medium priced hotel within the next few days- totally renovated and in a great location.

September is the start of the Rainy season, but with luck it shouldn't be too bad and you will still have fun in this wonderful town. Even people who go in the torrential rain most often fall in love with Hoi An

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Tips For Hoi An

Thank you for your wonderful description of Hoi Han, we will be going there with friends, would you be able to suggest the best time to go there, many thanks Jo/ Howard

Edited: 3:36 am, January 29, 2013
Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Tips For Hoi An

Definitely cooking school. .we did green bamboo and it was great.

and do a bicycle tour. Absolutely wonderful. check TA for good recommendations. We went with Heaven and

earth and it was brillant.

17. Re: Tips For Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 31, 2014