We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi an beach resort?

australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi an beach resort?

Hi I am travelling to Vietnam in late June and am planning to go to Hoi for a few days. I have been seaching the internet for the best resort to stay, which offers everything from atmosphere to cleanliness. I have checked out Victoria Hoi An Beach resort and Palm garden, they both look amazing. Victoria Hoi An beach resort however, have a special at the moment with stay 3 and pay for 2 nights. Palm Garden on the other hand, is much more expensive. Would you constitute this and say that Palm garden would be the better of the two considering they are both 4 stars??

Bloomfield, MI
Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi an beach resort?

We stayed at the Golden Sands 2 weeks ago and it was great! The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were spacious and both the pool and the beach were beautiful. We drove by the Victoria and it looked beautiful but a bit larger than the Golden Sands.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi an beach resort?

I can't recommend the Victoria highly enough, I think it's summed up as Heaven on Earth. I cried leaving the hotel it was so amazing. Will definitely go back there.

australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi an beach resort?

Thanks that really helps. I will take your advice and decide where to stay :)

Kent UK
Level Contributor
279 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi an beach resort?

In fact the Golden Sands is by far the larger resort.

I also am down on record as having a strong preference for the Victoria having visited both and stayed at the Victoria.

It really is heaven on earth as indicated above, though in some ways the Golden Sands would be preferred if you like a big gym and sporting facilities such as snooker. table tennis etc which is the one way the Golden Sands scores.

If you like modern minimal contemporary stylish then you would prefer the Golden Sands, if you like cosy stunningly dramatic setting, friendly ambience, delightful poolside situation, stunning delightfully furnished beachfront rooms with balconies that sit almost on the beach then go for the Victoria. I also prefer the fact that it is closer to the local village.

It's very much horses for courses as both are excellent in different ways.

5. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi an beach resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, August 12, 2009