We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

Blue Mountains
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

Hi leaving for Vietnam in a couple of months and am looking for a good dentist and a good tailor please?... Many thanks, Marie

Mentioned in this post
Vietnam
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

I'm an expat here so you should know that your options for a dentist are limited but I've heard good things about the dentist on Tran Hung Da (possibly number 96? - he is down the alleyway next to the big Sacombank). Speaks enough English to understand requests and is very cheap.

As for tailors, take your pick..there are (literally) hundreds. There are a handful at the 'top of the pile' - all with good reputations and I tried Lana recently (they have 3 locations in the old town). I was delighted with my suit and shirt.

Mentioned in this post
Tran
Tran
122 Reviews
Da Nang, Vietnam
QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

Lets be frank here, I doubt any are actual tailors.

Copiers yes, some better than others, but tailors I seriously doubt it.

If you have actually used a tailor, a real one, you would know the difference.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

Of course you're not going to get the same quaility as a Savile Row suit or Jermyn street shirt but most people travelling through Hoi An don't want to spend upwards of $1500 (for a bespoke suit) and have fittings spread over several weeks. I would guess that most people understand that you get what you pay for.

Another downside with getting clothes made in Hoi An (and many other places in Asia), is that the tailors almost always will not attach a care label to the garment - you will generally be told to 'handwash wash in cold water'. In the UK most dry-cleaning shops won't clean a garment unless it has a care instruction label.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Asia
Asia
World
Hoi an
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

Actually in my opinion, the dentist here when you know the good ones do a much better job that the ones we can find in western countries. I could not recommend this one highly enough. Family came to visit me and they all stopped there.

Cosmetic Dental Clinic

Tran Thi Ngoc Thi Diep

090 5151 522 ( she speaks english)

78 Phan Anh Street, Cam Le District, Danang

In general, health stuff I don't go near anything from Hoi An, head towards Da Nang. Just 25 minutes drive

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Da Nang
Da Nang
Tran
Tran
122 Reviews
Da Nang, Vietnam
QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

"Of course you're not going to get the same quaility as a Savile Row suit or Jermyn street shirt but most people travelling through Hoi An don't want to spend upwards of $1500 (for a bespoke suit) "

Actually I was just talking about clothes I had made in Penang, which I am very happy with and wear regularly Vs the clothes I had made in Hoi An which I never wear.

Prices to make were only slightly more expensive in Penang.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

"Actually in my opinion, the dentist here when you know the good ones do a much better job that the ones we can find in western countries. I could not recommend this one highly enough."

Couldn't agree more.

Dentists in Australia fill me with fear and cost a fortune and I cant believe I am saying it but I am almost looking forward to seeing the dentist again when next in Vietnam to get some extra work done that I should have had done last time.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

I am probably a little late for this reply but it may be of benefit for others. My wife has had a lot of dental work done in Danang (crowns and fillings) both her and I are so impressed by not only the quality of work but also the humble advice that was offered from the cosmetic dental clinic, you will find Tran in a very modern clinic she has on 78 Phan Anh Street, Cam Le District, Danang. As for tailors well there are many, also you will find great quality in Hanoi, but in Hoi An just because you have a large shop does not mean you are a great tailor, for example you will get very poor quality from AoBaBa but impressive quality and service from Phuong Nam (15 Tran Phu Street) it's the little things that count like the lining in jackets as well as the fit.

Anyway you will enjoy your visit to Vietnam as we do every year.

Savino

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Tran
Tran
122 Reviews
Da Nang, Vietnam
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

Hi,

We are travelling to Hoi Ann end of Oct.Can you plse advise do we have to make appointment for dentist before we arrive in Hoi Ann.

Many thanks

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

I live here and always use Mr Xe for tailoring, he has an outstanding reputation. For dentistry we go to Dannag where we use East Meets West Dental Clinic who are not only excellent but also are a not for profit organization. Which means that when you pay for your already very reasonably priced dental work in turn you are supporting the disadvantaged in the country side who they treatment for free. East Meets West is a well established NGO ( not for profit) organization and have been bringing western doctors OS for years to train and treat in Vietnam and other countries, Dental seems to be a fairly new add on to their services...

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The best dentist and the best tailor in Hoi An please?

If you are here for a few days then you shouldn't need to make an appointment until you get.