We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No responses from hotels??

Level Contributor
10 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
No responses from hotels??

Is is common? My partner and I have emailed or sent messages from their websites, to maybe 4 hotels and are yet to get any responses. None. At all. And it's been almost 2 weeks now.

Is this common?

Our trips is December but still, we'd like to show up knowing where we're staying.

Anyone recommend any hotels for $50ish USD per nite that will actually reply?

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
889 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No responses from hotels??

If they don't respond I would try elsewhere. Generally not a good sign from the beginning.

Longlife Riverside is in a really good location and we stayed there last year with no problems.

Next year when we go we are staying at Hoi An Garden Villa and River Beach Resort but both of these places are out of town.

All of these places communicated well via email within 48 hours. Also check the places with the better reviews.

Goodluck.

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No responses from hotels??

You may do better to go through an agent like Agoda etc.....unless you call directly and book...which is what I do.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No responses from hotels??

Normally if I havent heard after a day or two I email them again. Different mindset in SEA countries - sometimes you need to be a bit more persistent.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No responses from hotels??

Try the Vinh hung Riverside resort, we booked with them direct and they also have other hotels in town, they replied to us straight after we sent the request.

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
131 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No responses from hotels??

I booked through Agoda, I made sure I was happy with the reviews and I double checked on here...I had no problems and was very happy with all teh hotels I booked, we generally looked around the $35 per night budget (including breakfast)

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No responses from hotels??

"Longlife Riverside is in a really good location and we stayed there last year with no problems."

It is a good hotel and location and I used to stay there until they got a dose of greed and jacked the price from $30 to $72 for the same room as is still currently shown on the website.

I see they are with agoda now for $54 a night, business must have taken a hit.

Still not worth it IMHO not when I can get comparable for $20 a night less nearby.

+1 for agoda as well

Edited: 4:21 pm, September 27, 2012
Level Contributor
10 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No responses from hotels??

Thanks everyone. It's funny, Hanoi and ho chi Minh were immediate responses and so attentive, but we're really struggling with Hoi An. I'll have a look at the places you've mentioned :D

My partner is turning 30 whilst we're there so I want somewhere nice (but still no more than $50usd) and to not show up and wander around aimlessly ruining her birthday.

8. Re: No responses from hotels??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 14, 2013