We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of January travel to Hoi An

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
End of January travel to Hoi An

Can you tell me if this is a good time to visit to do some sight-seeing and also lay by the pool to get sun. We love the hot weather.

Trying to decide when is the best time to do both.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,576 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of January travel to Hoi An

January can often be chilly but the rainy season is over. It is not a bad time to travel from the central areas south, however Places like SAPA or Dalat can be very cold. For sun and a pool, you might also want to look at Phu Quoc.

Here is a link to wather averages owee58.com/2011/…

Owee

www.owee58.com

Hoi An, Vietnam
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: End of January travel to Hoi An

Hi, Jan is over rainning but a bit cold in north and warmer in south like Nha Trang, Mui Ne, Phu Quoc...

It's not bad anyway. Let's enjoy.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
68 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: End of January travel to Hoi An

Phan thiet and Phu Quoc are best choices for this time of year. It's about 25 DC in Hoi An so not much sun

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,538 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: End of January travel to Hoi An

The very end of Jan runs right into Tet '13 - prices will be much higher than usual. I would come another time, myself.

Dordrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: End of January travel to Hoi An

I was in Hoi An in January 2010 - in one of the beach hotels. Approximately 22 degrees during the day and when the sun hid behind clouds it even got a bit chilly. Wasn't always warm enough to lay on the beach or by the pool. Excellent weather for sightseeing, though!

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: End of January travel to Hoi An

I don't think you could find the hot weather in Jan in Hoi an coz this time is still winter in North & central areas so it's a little cold. But this time the rainy season passes, so still good for sightseeing

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: End of January travel to Hoi An

It looks like June July is a good time.

8. Re: End of January travel to Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 25, 2013