We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
422 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report

Continued form Hue

DAY 10...Hue/Hoi An..Up, great breakfast again, and we get a minivan (yes it turns up this time!!....preordered in Australia) to take us to Hoi An...About 3.5hr drive past Lan Co beach, then up Hai Van pass to majestic mountain views...there is a quicker tunnel through, but the mountain road is definitely worth the extra time. We get out again at the top to admire the view of Danang, and a leper colony in the distance, and drive off thinking this has been such an easy day when the van starts making a loud, fast clunking noise. The driver gets out inspects the tyres, and drives on, for the noise to start again at about35km/hr. He stops again, and we are still a long way from Hoi An thinking this may take hours to fix...Glen gets under van and sees the weld is undone on the drive shaft...driver smiles and we head off at 25km/hr....bumpy road must knock it back in, as after only 10 min more we start to accelerate, and no noise!!!....we arrive at the beautiful Hoi An Beach Resort (on the edge of the river and beach) and are swimming in the 33.8c pool by 1.30...we walk down the street and order a suit for Chris from the same tailor as last trip 5 years ago, then order dresses for myself and the other girls at a different shop. She says to return for fitting next day. We catch the 5pm free shuttle into town and see the bright lanterns and the very busy /vibrant old town. We eat near the river, watch folk music in the square which includes raffles????(Like meat raffle night at the local club , see local piñata games and buy some tshirts etc. Catch taxi back $5, and retire to bed.

DAY 11...Hoi An...Up early to breakfast by the river watching local fisherman...so tranquil and pretty, then picked up to go to Cham Island Snorkelling trip. We get bounced around in 30min boat trip, before Island walking tour, then 1hr snorkelling. This is followed by an interesting lunch on the beach which includes eel in soup, prawns done in a baked bean flavoured sauce, cockles and some normal dishes like rice and calamari. We swim and snorkel on the beach before returning to port...We are amazed at doing the same trip 5 years ago, with only 15 people on the beach...This time we go to a much bigger beach luckily on the end, as there are probably 150 people this time. We go for a dress fitting, with some well fitting, some not, so must return after dinner. We have dinner at a beach restaurant, again last trip we were alone, this time many people. At the after dinner fitting dresses are still not right so we must return in the morning, but we pick up suit and it looks great.

DAY 12...Hoi An...You guessed it, more dresses right but still some bad...while we wait she alters them and they are good, so only 1 still wrong. We catch the shuttle into town and look at the Japanese bridge, ceramics museum, food and veg markets and head back early afternoon for last swim as relief from the very hot weather. We leave the great hotel, van to airport, plane from Danang to Ho Chi Minh, and say goodbye to out travel friends as we head for Paris and the next part of our trip!

Hoi An Photo Walks
Walking Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours, Lessons & Workshops, Photography Tours
Hoi An Adventure
Walking Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Hoi An Photo Day Tours & Workshop
Walking Tours, Scenic Walking Areas, Photography Tours, Lessons & Workshops
Hoian Urban Adventures
Food Tours, Walking Tours, Boat Tours, Cultural Tours
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,895 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report

Hello cathhhhhh,

Am I to take it that you have an unfortunate stutter?

best regards. Ian

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
467 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report

Thanks for sharing.

I have a question regarding having dresses made... can you have a casual sundress made or are they more of the formal type? Is it cheaper to buy a sundress already made?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report

Another great report, i'm sorry they've finished.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
422 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report

dresses can be either formal or sundress...we paid 15-20 for sundress and 35 for formal....as i am 5'11 and my friend just 5 foot with dd boobs we find it hard to get dresses off the rack.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
467 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report

Thanks cathhhhh... looks like I'll have to get them made... I am an E size!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report

sorry can you send the link please for the first part of your review, i cant seem to find it

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
422 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report

dont know about links, but if you search cathhhhh in vietnam forum you will find them...

8. Re: Trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 10, 2013